F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

361 - 380 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Quite Possible depending on your gearing. Check my signature for my fuelly AVG. 15.8 MPG in a lifted 4" tuned truck on 33.6" tires. Can still get 18-20 MPG in the summer driving highway. So yes plenty of stock 4x4 trucks getting 20 MPG.

If you haven't had the computer calibrated for the increase in tire size either than you're truck is showing worse MPG than it's really getting.

A tune will solve that, fix the tire size issue and give you back a few ponies and maybe an MPG or two to boot.
I get the same mpg or better at highway speed. Its around town that it suffers. Since i drive 75-80, one theory I have is that the increase in tire size lowered rpm at that MPH, and therefore helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my 2013 new with 6km on it. As of last week I just passed
205 000km so that's about 127400MI. Only issue I had was my brake booster went while on the Highway! Wasn't fun but I made it. Had to fight to get the recall over a 3 day discrepancy. Love my truck and plan to double it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
With 127000 miles on it have you done ANY dealer induction services on it? From what I'm reading, it's better to NOT have them done. I have 31000 miles on my ecoboost and so far haven't done any induction services on it. Thanks for your help. John.

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
None of the 200+000 mile boosts have had an induction service done.

Those of us using Tapatalk can't see your(y'all's) signatures.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Lol raptor tires and a 300 lb wind dragging cap and you wonder why your mileage sucks... That's the stupidest thing I've heard...

Hmmm 34.5" heavy tires.... Hmmm I wonder...
I dont think the cap does much at all to the MPG's. I have a Leer and have run it both on and off over the years and have seen no difference. I still get 21-22 mpg at 65mph with the 3.73's, cap, and 275/60R20 Duratracs.

How are you getting that mileage. Im getting 14 on a good day. Ive got raptor wheels and tires with a leveling kit on a 2013. It has a canopy with roof rack and is a super crew. Not happy about the mpg. Runs good at 55000 but really bad mpg.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Depending on your roof racks, that could be a cause. My buddy had the square Thule bars and ski racks on his 2012 WRX and the thing would get like 19 mpg on the highway instead of the normal 24-25. If you have the nifty aero bars like the Yakima whispbars and dont keep your ski/bike racks up there all the time then almost no effect. I had the whispbars on my 07 Legacy GT and barely saw a hit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013, bought the truck in June 2015. With 47k, by October 15th 2015. We had 67k total. Now 04/16/2017. We have 93k. Almost 94k. Making a 5k trip to Michigan and back come May. No major replacement parts yet. She Just has the misfire under load issue, timing chain rattle while cold starting. She gets 14.9 mpg doing 75/80 on the long haul trips. Has the BFG all terrain tires. 33s on the stock wheels

·
Registered
4 Posts
2011 with 198k miles. Running great and no codes or power loss. Replaced plugs every 50k and just replaced coils with Accel coils. It does rattle all the time, but no codes or power loss. Thinking about having timing chain TSB done. Only other breaks was starter at 185k, oil pressure switch and coolant overflow tank leak upgrade with the Pegasus Racing hose kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 with 1500 miles on... Guess it's roadtrip time! For those that reached the 100k plus mark, did you have any failures between 30k and 100k that would make that extended warrenty actually worth it?

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
2015 with 1500 miles on... Guess it's roadtrip time! For those that reached the 100k plus mark, did you have any failures between 30k and 100k that would make that extended warrenty actually worth it?
15's and above, not so much but 11-14 yes

·
Registered
20 Posts
I sold a 2013 to my so-in-law and he told me he was only getting 12 mpg, I drove it and he was right. I replaced the air filter with an oil change, rotated the tires ,they were getting loud. Disconnected the battery and ran down the capacitors. Drove it easy for 15 minutes than ran it full throttle up to 100mph and then it strted getting 18 again.??

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
2011 F150 Lariat Super crew over 256,000 miles on it and drives great. I am replacing the break assist vacuum pump on it tomorrow though.

View attachment 108858
Excuse me? You can't have that many miles on an ecoboost without it exploding. Especially a 2011. Just ask the 5.0 guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Over 100k now. 2013

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

361 - 380 of 406 Posts