F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

401 - 406 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
2013 with 165k. Engine wise the throttle body has gone out plus the EBOV and both exhaust manifolds have warped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16 Posts
2012 platinum 4x4 Couple clicks from 120,000 miles. daily driver.
Babied, no, beaten, ehh,. A bit.
  • I do maintain er' well tho, none of that going off the computer for oil change jazz. 5,000mile max.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For what it's worth:
2014 xlt (manufacture date april 2014), bought CPO Dec. 2016 with almost exactly 30k miles. It has 63800 miles now.
I paid it off about 6 months ago and have considered an upgrade, but I absolutely love my truck and I have a goal of 135k before I upgrade now. I see maintenance with a preventative mindset being significantly beneficial to these motors. It seems to love to stay clean, have fresh oil, and often run it with some gusto.
I've replaced: vacuum pump, spark plugs, cabin air resistor and fan, rear rotors and pads, and did the Pegasus coolant fitting cause it leaked a little.
Since I've had it, added catch cans at 42k miles and I've been religious about changing oil at 4k miles or less. The last 2 oil changes I've done at 25-2700 miles to kinda clean it out, and I think it's helped. I've heard a couple of slight ticks since i've had it, but not the dreaded timing clunking, of cold start/low oil pressure wear, but I try to be good at doing the wide open throttle start-up when it's sat for bit.
If you don't know if this, it's one of the best tricks I've learned. On a cold start when you know oil pressure is at its lowest, hold the throttle to the floor and crank the starter. It cranks and wont start. Apparently ignition and/or fuel is cut off, and you can crank it for 5-10 seconds and build up oil pressure before it fires. My gauge will rise up just a little after a few seconds. When I do this, it starts up like its warm and sounds great. I figure batteries are way cheaper than engine internals and my time without my truck... But on that note, got a Bosch AGM battery about 2 years ago, it still cranks the same now as when I got it.

401 - 406 of 406 Posts