F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Lariat came with C rated tires which seem mighty soft and rolly polly in the turns and especially for having the max tow package. One would think a D rated tire would be more appropriate. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I have E's.

Reactions: btswein

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The truck come with cheap tires from the factory and it all depends on what you are looking to tow or give up in comfort.
I have C's on mine and E's on my diesel. If your looking for a much stiffer ride then go with E's.
there is a noticeable difference in ride quality between the two, but if your using it as a work vehicle then it makes sense to go with the E's.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Max tow have E's from the factory.

·
Registered
152 Posts
6 ply vs 10 ply?

Sent from my Siri instructed iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I have a max tow with factory d's. Wife has OEM dd's but that's another story.

The boost will set you free

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 13' fx4 screw has the 20's. I need a 10 ply because work. I had to go up to a 34x11 toyo at2 over the factory 32x11 Pirelli's. they fit stock and handle better, but at 45psi it is a bit firmer ride from the extra plys. Im waiting on my rancho quicklifts n 9000 shocks to arrive and ill play with the 9 possible settings to get my factory ride back. If u have the factory 18" wheels, u can get a 275/70/18 on and be 1" taller. An "XL" rated tire may even be suitable for u, depending on your towing needs. Read the manufaturer's specs in their site for your stock tires to what tire u want to get. A true a/t tire is going to have more rolling resistance, friction, as well as being heavier than what u are running on now. So, the mpg will be lower possibly even at the same size tire. If u mainly drive streets and are only concerned about snow or a yearly trip to camp, I'd recommend spending the $ on Michelin ltx2's. YES they cost more, but u wont have to change those tires until u put 70k on them. If u dont keep a vehicle that long, u wont have a buyer or dealer kicking ur tires n low balling u....

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I have my 34.2x11's at 55psi.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I read other posts saying 45-50psi, where they called toyo. I just put my 275/65's on. As soon as the Quicklift n alignment happen next week, im going to probably chalk the tires n really check.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have a max tow with factory d's. Wife has OEM dd's but that's another story.

The boost will set you free
I don't think any f150's come with tires rated higher then a "c" load range.
Negative. I bought my own. Came with Scorpions.
I'd have to check, but maybe mine are different. I'm max tow and off-road package (NOT FX4) so maybe I'm different? Or just plain wrong lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oops, OP here, after looking at the sticker it appears I don't have the max tow package, I have the 3.73s and trailer package but no mirrors. Looks like a just have a Lariat with 7200 package and off road package but no max trailer. Still have C tires though

·
Registered
91 Posts
LT tires were standard on HD payload and optional on other trims including max tow. IMO they should have been standard on max tow as well

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
LT tires were standard on HD payload and optional on other trims including max tow. IMO they should have been standard on max tow as well
Still would have replaced them lol, made no difference to me. I got $100/ea for my scorpions and my coopers were $220, so $500 for new tires ain't bad.

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I read other posts saying 45-50psi, where they called toyo. I just put my 275/65's on. As soon as the Quicklift n alignment happen next week, im going to probably chalk the tires n really check.
I want to get some pressure paper and really get it correct, but that ish is expensive. Maybe I'll instead get a few piezoelectric sensors I can hook up to my fluke to make sure I'm not wearing the center.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I want to get some pressure paper and really get it correct, but that ish is expensive. Maybe I'll instead get a few piezoelectric sensors I can hook up to my fluke to make sure I'm not wearing the center.
One way to measure potential wear is by measuring the temperature across the tire after driving for a while. This must be done fairly soon upon stopping and can be accomplished using an infrared thermometer. This is the way we check our racing tires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts