F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a problem with a leaking manifold earlier and after taking things apart I found this..

What is it? Is it supposed to go to something? Is there supposed to be 2 or 3 lines? Maybe it was left in after being replaced or is completely missing??

It's under the truck down under the intercooler (I think?).

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Even if it is, it looks like you should replace the currently connected one. Lots of corrosion on the fitting connection.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks like what's left of a trans line. Also looks like someone spliced a trans line together right where part of your red circle goes through. I just replaced all of my trans lines because mine blew unexpectedly. If I were in your shoes I would replace all 3 part numbers for peace of mind.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Definitely looks like a cooler line was repaired and the old one left in. By the corrosion on the other lines they look like they need replacing too.
I just had all 3 part number lines replaced (one for the second time) due to a leak at the quick connect. While the shop was doing the lines I also had them drop the pan and change the filter. Took 8 litres of LV fluid. This is the second time I've had the filter changed. Mileage is 168XXX Km's. I also needed my rear diff pinion seal replaced due to a leak. Drained, cleaned and refilled the rear diff and added friction modifier (limiter slip diff). They greased the slip yoke that was making the all too familiar clunk. So basically a drive train service.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely looks like a cooler line was repaired and the old one left in. By the corrosion on the other lines they look like they need replacing too.
I just had all 3 part number lines replaced (one for the second time) due to a leak at the quick connect. While the shop was doing the lines I also had them drop the pan and change the filter. Took 8 litres of LV fluid. This is the second time I've had the filter changed. Mileage is 168XXX Km's. I also needed my rear diff pinion seal replaced due to a leak. Drained, cleaned and refilled the rear diff and added friction modifier (limiter slip diff). They greased the slip yoke that was making the all too familiar clunk. So basically a drive train service.
NY winters are harsh on vehicles. I actually think this truck came from Canada when I bought it at 60k miles. I definitely need to do some general maintenance and replace a few things. I already ordered new manifolds so I'm going to start there and see if I still have any power issues. I guess I'll try to order new lines and replace these soon as well. Trucks held up pretty well since I've had it. The manifold blew pretty quickly but I was also pulling dump trailers every other day and a 12,000lb camper all over the place lol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice rig!

You were just thinking about how heavy it FELT sometimes. :)
Ya exactly lol. Towing it through the mountains in WV was the worse..

Looks like it could be 10k.
Loaded with everything we would bring with us, it was pretty heavy. It was almost too much for this truck, and is the reason we'll probably get a 250/2500 next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts