F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Back on my old 04 Titan, I put an e-85 kit on.
It consisted of a module and pulse sensors that piggy backed onto the stock fuel injectors-thats it.
Never had an issue with the setup. Put some special plugs specific for the application.... can't remember the name now.
Never had a problem with the factory fuel pump, fuel lines etc...
It ran pretty lean, so it would trip the engine light every so often.
Ohhh, and I burnt the stock cats up too. :frown:
But it ran hard-trade off not worth it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I wouldn't worry about mixing e85 to a e15-20 ratio. Truck even says up to e15 right on the gas filler. With all these emissions getting stricter and stricter here in good ol CA we'll most likely be up to e15 before you know it with regular pump gas

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
Did I miss the bus or something, but doesn't these vehicles composate for air intake temperature and make changes to fuel to air mixture (or whatever) as needed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Butane helps it suck

What’s the result? Well, basically, winter blend gasoline has a larger percentage of butane in it. And since butane is cheaper and has less energy, winter blend thus costs less and gives us a lower MPG when we burn it. So it’s a wash, right? Eh, maybe. Your vehicle miles per gallon typically will drop 2-8% when you start filling up with winter blend. Unfortunately, evidence suggests that the common price decline is 2-4%. Of course this price change can easily be lost in the noise of a global commodity. So you should probably just make sure you’re car is running optimally (oil change, tire pressure, reduce weight, clean off snow, etc. ) and cross your fingers on breaking even from a cost per unit of energy point of view.

From here.

https://itisscience.wordpress.com/2011/11/28/winter-gasoline-yes-there-is-a-difference/

--------------

We never become who God created us to be trying to be like everybody else.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts