F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Off topic, but if you get the 7.3 gasser, you could easily have that thing 20 years +. That motor is overbuilt, the oil filter is right on the pan easy oil change and it is aluminum body, no rust.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Off topic, but if you get the 7.3 gasser, you could easily have that thing 20 years +. That motor is overbuilt, the oil filter is right on the pan easy oil change and it is aluminum body, no rust.
Plus the tremor is cool as hell. I’m not too mature to admit that. :LOL: :LOL:

·
Registered
4,649 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The Tremor is cool as hell. It's the Powerwagon everyone wants because it doesn't have shitty payload and towing capacity. The Powerwagon has a max of like 1400 lbs of payload.

Throw a winch and some sway bar disconnects on it and it would be pretty stout offroad.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
So you guys that are good at looking at Fords cargo tables, and then estimating what's left after a trim level is built.....

Will a 2WD Crew with 7.3 and an XL-STX build end up with 3000lbs+ Cargo Capacity?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So you guys that are good at looking at Fords cargo tables, and then estimating what's left after a trim level is built.....

Will a 2WD Crew with 7.3 and an XL-STX build end up with 3000lbs+ Cargo Capacity?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yes. They say the base curb weight of the 7.3L 2x4 crew is 6155 lbs. You would be close to 4k I believe.

Also, anyone who says the superdutys are WAY heavier than F150's can kiss my butt. Its like 500 lbs heavier than the old steel body trucks. The base curb weight on a 2014 6.2L F150 4x4 screw long bed was 5904 lbs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes. They say the base curb weight of the 7.3L 2x4 crew is 6155 lbs. You would be close to 4k I believe.

Also, anyone who says the superdutys are WAY heavier than F150's can kiss my butt. Its like 500 lbs heavier than the old steel body trucks. The base curb weight on a 2014 6.2L F150 4x4 screw long bed was 5904 lbs.
I had a hunch it wasn’t much more than a steel body 1/2 but hadn’t put any thought or effort into figuring it out. Anyone see a window sticker on a 7.3 yet?

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Tremor is cool as hell. It's the Powerwagon everyone wants because it doesn't have shitty payload and towing capacity. The Powerwagon has a max of like 1400 lbs of payload.

Throw a winch and some sway bar disconnects on it and it would be pretty stout offroad.
Its like an oversized raptor for guys who actually work their trucks. I don’t know 100% what it is that blows my skirt up but it’s slick.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts