F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The days are getting very near for my transition to a F250 diesel pickup.
The wife's the one who is pushing me?-lol
I test drove a 2021 Antimatter Blue Metal F250 XLT 6.7 4x4 SB.....and with 475hp & 1050#' torque, it scoots for the truck being 7272#'s dry.
Honestly the truck feels super stable, but so does my F150.
It has 27k on it and was previously owned by an OP out of Texas. If I had to guess I'm thinking an older dude considering the basic equipment . Very little frills with no trailer backup assist, which doesn't bother me at all.
Now the weird thing....no tailgate step, but has a spray in liner & hard tonneau cover; Nav , heated front cloth seats, upfitter switches, Camper package, Offroad package, remote start , powerfolding tow mirrors (Woop), etc
I think this is the one....we shall see.
The truck has plenty of payload at 2738.
3:31 gear set rear E Locker.
PS.....was TOLD that I could not modify this truck?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,417 Posts
The F250 has almost identical towing diesel vs gas, payload will be lower with the 6.7 due to it's weight. Overall, diesel in a 3/4 ton is almost a status symbol.

I know diesel people will burn couches and bring their pitchforks out if you suggest a gas over diesel, but considering fuel cost/mpg and maintenancet, It''s gonna take a lot of miles to make up the difference, probably around 350k.
My .02 cents.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,176 Posts
PS.....was TOLD that I could not modify this truck?

"Uhhuh. Sure honey. Don't worry, I'll leave it alone "

Meanwhile, she does know you.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The F250 has almost identical towing diesel vs gas, payload will be lower with the 6.7 due to it's weight. Overall, diesel in a 3/4 ton is almost a status symbol.

I know diesel people will burn couches and bring their pitchforks out if you suggest a gas over diesel, but considering fuel cost/mpg and maintenancet, It''s gonna take a lot of miles to make up the difference, probably around 350k.
My .02 cents.
Yeah all valid points for sure.
The maintenance has me a little concerned, but I guess it will be a learning curve .
All I know is someone is going to buy a cherry 2014 F150 EcoBoost from me. Like I've always said....I would never sell the Boost if anything was mechanically wrong with it, and it is in it's best condition even since new.
Literally the wife is like> why dont you have the Forsale sign in your truck?
Me>because it is in perfect condition and is ready for towing season.
Wife>I'm not riding in that truck with 3 dogs 4 passengers, cargo, TT and have it overheat.
Me> agree to disagree-lol

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,417 Posts
Yeah all valid points for sure.
The maintenance has me a little concerned, but I guess it will be a learning curve .
All I know is someone is going to buy a cherry 2014 F150 EcoBoost from me. Like I've always said....I would never sell the Boost if anything was mechanically wrong with it, and it is in it's best condition even since new.
Literally the wife is like> why dont you have the Forsale sign in your truck?
Me>because it is in perfect condition and is ready for towing season.
Wife>I'm not riding in that truck with 3 dogs 4 passengers, cargo, TT and have it overheat.
Me> agree to disagree-lol

It will definitely tow what you need, opens up a lot of doors for future TT purchase too.
Totally agree, makes no sense to off your truck if nothing is wrong with it, happy wife happy life though 🤣 .

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will definitely tow what you need, opens up a lot of doors for future TT purchase too.
Totally agree, makes no sense to off your truck if nothing is wrong with it, happy wife happy life though .
I'm just sitting back and letting her handle the negotiations....
I mean were at the Dealership and my wife looks over at me and gives me "that look"?-lol
I have a habit of researching the specs on a potential purchase if you will, and sort of school the sales OP as were looking it over...I don't mean to, but the OP didn't know a lot about the F250> in addition to finding out that their was no tailgate step....and no tailgate dampeners. I almost handicapped the OP with the tailgate as it was free falling upon opening!
Who knew that for 2021 that's not a standard feature?> Oops
Now the OP knows....be very very around heavy machinery.
Nose Skin Chin Eyebrow Mouth

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
1050 torque at 1600 rpm so it will probably never downshift :ROFLMAO:

So its making 320 hp at 1600 rpm while our Ecoboosts make 240 at 3000 rpm

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update> Financing went through. Cancelled insurance on Boost
Insured 6.7.....and off we go to pick her up!
Pics to come.
PS>...put a ForSsale sign on the Boost in front of my Studio , all of a sudden a business owner from across the street walks over.
He couldn't believe how cool my F150 is and has a friend that wrecked his vehicle who is looking for a replacement?-lol
It all works out....

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,176 Posts
You SO deserve the turn of good fortune.
Best sport about taxing the Ecoboost in desert temps and loaded to the hilt. A literal ambassador for the platform.

I'm gonna lurk wherever you land in forumworld just to occasionally torture you.

At the very least I'm gonna divulge to those macho diesel guys that you're an Ecoboost'r at heart. Lol

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Update> Financing went through. Cancelled insurance on Boost
Insured 6.7.....and off we go to pick her up!
Pics to come.
PS>...put a ForSsale sign on the Boost in front of my Studio , all of a sudden a business owner from across the street walks over.
He couldn't believe how cool my F150 is and has a friend that wrecked his vehicle who is looking for a replacement?-lol
It all works out....

That's awesome! Congrats on the new truck!!

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,594 Posts
Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderstrator
1,962 Posts
Congrats to you @meaz93 !!!
Got room on that new big truck for a legacy forum bumper sticker? For old times sake?

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys!
I've had sooo much fun with the F150 Ecoboost , unbelievable performance a and lots of great memories. I amazed that I never got a single speeding ticket?!>Knock on Wood
This 6.7 is sneaky fast tow-lol
Ready for a new chapter...
This Forum is the BEST!
I'll definitely turn the OP this direction when my Boost sells
Pics...
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Moderstrator