F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
View attachment 178852

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Those mirrors are in the wrong position. The Super Duty is is a towing beast and the mirrors need to be extended for that :)

In truth, I loved driving my Boost. I actually hate driving my Super Duty, if it isn't towing the fifth wheel. It's just a PITA without a trailer behind it. We pretty much bought another SUV to drive when not towing. U Turns are a thing of the past. Whipping in and out of lanes or parking lots doesn't happen easily. Even backing the trailer requires a lot more effort than it should with the slow steering response.

The 150 was a sports car. The F350 is a behemoth made for towing. If I didn't need to have a Super Duty, I would be in 3.5 turbo again.

And, those upfitter switches run my high mount camera (switch between tailgate and bed), RV rear camera, and Cell booster.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
PS Start looking for your first oil change, oil and filter supplies now, unless you are going to pay to have it done. No, I am not kidding.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Hey madmaxmutt....is their a Locking Def Cap?
I've DEFINITELY got one for the Gold errr....diesel!

I park it in the garage to keep my fuel tank full and keep the converter thieves at bay. I have only seen locking DEF caps for big rigs and that Italian pickup brand. It only holds a small amount of DEF, but Lord knows there are some hard up people out there.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Will be getting my camping on starting the 1st of July> for a good week, and this will be the first time I'm NOT towing HEAVY?
Excited to see how Big Blue sits with no bags on the rear, but had the Camper Package which gives me a set of helper springs.......I'll definitely post pics ( it's a given-lol )
Here's a pic from the Boost's bumper hitch compared to Big Blue's View attachment 178905 View attachment 178906

And that is the little hitch :) Can't stand the chain block they designed. Make sure those snap hooks are proplerly rated for your trailer weight. I ended up taking some over rated clevis hooks and grinding off a little bit to make them fit in the box.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
The wife asked me how it felt compared to the F150.... for one its more planted to the ground weighing 2k over the Boost> that's it really....
I found several real differences. Hitch and bed height are probably too high, but I can deal with that. Driving at night, everyone thinks my brights are on, until I flash them back. Steering is more painful, and forget whipping a Ueeeey.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Yeah, definitely no U-turns......unless it's a REAL wide sweep
I have the auto high / low head lamps which is pretty cool.
I put a stylish steering wheel cover on and it actually makes one hand operations do-able
I do not have the tailgate step? ( why would you not check that option box! )
If your out camping in the AZ area and you see an OP pull out a step ladder to get to the back cargo area....welp that's meaz-lol
Maybe I need to check a few salvage yards?

Yeah, auto high beams, but they just see all four lights on and assume those are brights.
With the trailer, you won't have these problems. But, I didn't get the in bed camera. I had to add that separately for the 5th wheel hookup. I hooked it to an upfitter switch to swap between the two cameras.
Twenty years ago, I remember laughing at the tailgate step. I have it and would always choose it now, but it doesn't do much once the trailer is in the bed. I also have this:

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
And that is why I paid the hefty $185 more for the F350 SRW with camper package :)

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
F-350- ::mic drop::
View attachment 180013
🤣
:) I am comfortable enough in my life to know that I will never need a dually, F350 or F450, so the SRW is quite enough for me. But, if I were ever going to fulltime, you can bet my sticker would look like that one.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
That's you revealing, between the lines, that you envision full-timing as not only including that monster yellow sticker, but needing it too? :)

I can't ever make up my mind. There's boondocking heavy, there's boondocking light, there's glamor camping with the Class A folks and the world class views, and there's "I need to bring my toy(s).........

Full timing means having an arsenal so that I have a bed with me no matter when or where life takes me.

I swear it makes sense to strategically spread the dang RV's out, at least the one(s) that are a job to tow. Keep the big ones in favorite regions and drive to them in any vehicle you want. Maybe tow something light for if you want to travel a little away from the base station.

Yea, I know. I've been in an RV too long. Lol

That F250 would be all I could ever require for the RV's I'd be mobile with.
If I were full-timing, I would require double towing :)

• Haha
Reactions: snakebitten
1 - 10 of 10 Posts