F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The days are getting very near for my transition to a F250 diesel pickup.
The wife's the one who is pushing me?-lol
I test drove a 2021 Antimatter Blue Metal F250 XLT 6.7 4x4 SB.....and with 475hp & 1050#' torque, it scoots for the truck being 7272#'s dry.
Honestly the truck feels super stable, but so does my F150.
It has 27k on it and was previously owned by an OP out of Texas. If I had to guess I'm thinking an older dude considering the basic equipment . Very little frills with no trailer backup assist, which doesn't bother me at all.
Now the weird thing....no tailgate step, but has a spray in liner & hard tonneau cover; Nav , heated front cloth seats, upfitter switches, Camper package, Offroad package, remote start , powerfolding tow mirrors (Woop), etc
I think this is the one....we shall see.
The truck has plenty of payload at 2738.
3:31 gear set rear E Locker.
PS.....was TOLD that I could not modify this truck?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The F250 has almost identical towing diesel vs gas, payload will be lower with the 6.7 due to it's weight. Overall, diesel in a 3/4 ton is almost a status symbol.

I know diesel people will burn couches and bring their pitchforks out if you suggest a gas over diesel, but considering fuel cost/mpg and maintenancet, It''s gonna take a lot of miles to make up the difference, probably around 350k.
My .02 cents.
Yeah all valid points for sure.
The maintenance has me a little concerned, but I guess it will be a learning curve .
All I know is someone is going to buy a cherry 2014 F150 EcoBoost from me. Like I've always said....I would never sell the Boost if anything was mechanically wrong with it, and it is in it's best condition even since new.
Literally the wife is like> why dont you have the Forsale sign in your truck?
Me>because it is in perfect condition and is ready for towing season.
Wife>I'm not riding in that truck with 3 dogs 4 passengers, cargo, TT and have it overheat.
Me> agree to disagree-lol

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will definitely tow what you need, opens up a lot of doors for future TT purchase too.
Totally agree, makes no sense to off your truck if nothing is wrong with it, happy wife happy life though .
I'm just sitting back and letting her handle the negotiations....
I mean were at the Dealership and my wife looks over at me and gives me "that look"?-lol
I have a habit of researching the specs on a potential purchase if you will, and sort of school the sales OP as were looking it over...I don't mean to, but the OP didn't know a lot about the F250> in addition to finding out that their was no tailgate step....and no tailgate dampeners. I almost handicapped the OP with the tailgate as it was free falling upon opening!
Who knew that for 2021 that's not a standard feature?> Oops
Now the OP knows....be very very around heavy machinery.
Nose Skin Chin Eyebrow Mouth

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update> Financing went through. Cancelled insurance on Boost
Insured 6.7.....and off we go to pick her up!
Pics to come.
PS>...put a ForSsale sign on the Boost in front of my Studio , all of a sudden a business owner from across the street walks over.
He couldn't believe how cool my F150 is and has a friend that wrecked his vehicle who is looking for a replacement?-lol
It all works out....

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys!
I've had sooo much fun with the F150 Ecoboost , unbelievable performance a and lots of great memories. I amazed that I never got a single speeding ticket?!>Knock on Wood
This 6.7 is sneaky fast tow-lol
Ready for a new chapter...
This Forum is the BEST!
I'll definitely turn the OP this direction when my Boost sells
Pics...
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I just can't wait to see the next rig you're going to be pulling with this thing. You know you're current trailer just makes the new truck look "sissy". Triple axle time BABY!
I dont know if I should even hook up/use my 5x9 utility trailer-lol.....maybe real early in the morning?
A nice Toy Hauler is in the cards. Now when we roam the campgrounds looking at other OP's 5th Wheels while being walked by the fur babies, we can realistically point at super nice setups and say yeah let's get one of those....we've got the truck for it!
Smile Cap Baseball cap Gesture Automotive mirror

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So who's anti-mod warning has the most influence?

Hers or their's?
It appears you face a consensus!

You have ONE THOUSAND lbs of torque.
Are you that stubborn to want to pee under the hood somewhere?

View attachment 178506
Snake.....if I even appear to be " tinkering under the hood" of Big Blue> she said "Momma's Gonna Knock You Out"?

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Many enthusiasts pick up this adapter to use with FDRS. It actually works very well. It is a bit costly. You can then pay for a 2 day license ( 50$) and update everything.

Mongoose-Plus J2534 OEM Vehicle Interface Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097NHQ7ZW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1TX7BNTT5ZJBX2TNZGMH
Well, so the F150 Forscan Tool / OBII Adapter will not work for the F250.....that's too bad
At least I found the Sport Mode!-lol
Circuit component Font Audio equipment Electronic component Electronic device

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I'm definitely going to be hooking Forscan up to Big Blue......once you have Bambi Mode you cant go back!-lol
I'm Jones-ing to tune this rig....but I promised the wife?
Remember I've NEVER not modded any of my vehicles......but I'll hold off until the 5yr 100k factory warranty expires.
I still haven't sold my 14` yet...which is weird.
Just drove it for the first time since 5-18-22.....man what a GREAT truck, even on the stock tune!
I miss driving it for sure.
I dont know why Fird didn't add electric assist to the F250 steering?
Its definitely firmer turning the wheel...
@SrpRacing ....what should I gap the plugs?-lol > ohh that's right, I dont have to tinker with that
Had to take the WDH off the F250 as the frickin backup alarm will NOT stop until you manually shut it down!
I believe I'm going to remove the Loadlifter 5000's off the Boost and add it to Big Blue> just because well to have them if needed.
Well....did I say I miss this Forum too-lol

Cartoon Gesture Organism Finger Art
Car Mirror Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The other day I took the tape measure out and measured the distance from the ground to the bottom of the Boost's hitch with 45-50#'s psi and the F250 w/ Camper Package....and they were similiar?!
In theory the F250 will squat and be level just as the F150 was with WDH
Thought that was pretty cool....

1 - 20 of 65 Posts