F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
Lol

OK, I realize I ripped you off for 50 lbs.
I was seeing if I could get away with it. 馃ぃ

Premium Member
The eco mode isn鈥檛 actually that bad. Does wonders when traveling. But you can tell it really lugs the truck when cruising around town. The pedal map is very numb鈥檇 down.
Meaz is just messin with us. He won't last 10 seconds in ECO anything.

Premium Member
Although it's on a different scale than the F150 Ecoboost, the F250 Powerstroke still has a similar attribute.....

It can PULL more than it can Carry.

So much so that when it comes to puuuuulllling, it usually is a yawn. :)

I just wish a Powerboost could carry what an F250 can. I don't need it to pull what an F250 can.

There's no substitute for Payload.

Premium Member
I figure that you didn't bring that Ecoboost home and then hitch it straight up to that horizontal skyscraper and set off on a perfect adventure.
Instead, it took assessment, reassessment, research, and some trial and error to get the infamous dialed in meaz caravan. :)

Sure, with that sweet F250 and the Southern Pacfic freight train power under the hood, your starting point is significantly closer to nirvana, but no way do you get to skip the dialing in altogether. Just take your time and methodically address it.

I predict that F250 could be rigged so perfectly that the wife will have to be on watch to make sure you aren't taking a nap!

Premium Member
That paint is such a gorgeous color. Pictures don't do it justice.
I know we can't do anything about the sticker on the door jamb, but there are a ton of F250's out there that have been "altered" with various F350 components which literally would have resulted in a different sticker at the assembly line.

My point being is that if your wife became smitten with some fancy 2-story 5th wheel, that sticker isn't necessarily a hard limit on an F250.

Or put one other way, F250's are so adjustable. Big range to work with.

Premium Member
That's you revealing, between the lines, that you envision full-timing as not only including that monster yellow sticker, but needing it too? :)

I can't ever make up my mind. There's boondocking heavy, there's boondocking light, there's glamor camping with the Class A folks and the world class views, and there's "I need to bring my toy(s).........

Full timing means having an arsenal so that I have a bed with me no matter when or where life takes me.

I swear it makes sense to strategically spread the dang RV's out, at least the one(s) that are a job to tow. Keep the big ones in favorite regions and drive to them in any vehicle you want. Maybe tow something light for if you want to travel a little away from the base station.

Yea, I know. I've been in an RV too long. Lol

That F250 would be all I could ever require for the RV's I'd be mobile with.

Premium Member
Yeah, I recently purchased 4 5-quart jugs of oil.
I never do that. So I never get to see what it looks like to have an inventory of oil stacked nicely on a shelf in the barn.

But then I thought back to when I was driving my 7.3 and 6.0 Powerstrokes. All that oil on the shelf would be ONE OIL CHANGE. 馃お馃お馃お馃お馃お

21 - 31 of 31 Posts