F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
9,346 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Hey madmaxmutt....is their a Locking Def Cap?
I've DEFINITELY got one for the Gold errr....diesel!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I park it in the garage to keep my fuel tank full and keep the converter thieves at bay. I have only seen locking DEF caps for big rigs and that Italian pickup brand. It only holds a small amount of DEF, but Lord knows there are some hard up people out there.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I park it in the garage to keep my fuel tank full and keep the converter thieves at bay. I have only seen locking DEF caps for big rigs and that Italian pickup brand. It only holds a small amount of DEF, but Lord knows there are some hard up people out there.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
I might be in the minority, but I liked the cap free system on my `14....

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,057 Posts
I LOVE it! As long as it's working as designed. :)

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Will be getting my camping on starting the 1st of July> for a good week, and this will be the first time I'm NOT towing HEAVY?
Excited to see how Big Blue sits with no bags on the rear, but had the Camper Package which gives me a set of helper springs.......I'll definitely post pics ( it's a given-lol )
Here's a pic from the Boost's bumper hitch compared to Big Blue's View attachment 178905
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Will be getting my camping on starting the 1st of July> for a good week, and this will be the first time I'm NOT towing HEAVY?
Excited to see how Big Blue sits with no bags on the rear, but had the Camper Package which gives me a set of helper springs.......I'll definitely post pics ( it's a given-lol )
Here's a pic from the Boost's bumper hitch compared to Big Blue's View attachment 178905 View attachment 178906

And that is the little hitch :) Can't stand the chain block they designed. Make sure those snap hooks are proplerly rated for your trailer weight. I ended up taking some over rated clevis hooks and grinding off a little bit to make them fit in the box.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,057 Posts
You got this cleared with the kitchen, right?
I mean a grinder makes a racket.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Today spoke to the Loadlifter Airbag company Rep out of Michigan ......was hopeing that the Loadlifter 5000's on the Boost could transfer over to Big Blue?> No GO.
Needs a different set of brackets which the company does not sell seperate.
Put that on the must have list....next to the tailgate step!-lol
PS....its suppose to get up to 110°+ in the Valley this weekend?!
Heading up high altitude & heat Friday>Woop....first tow in Big Blue with the tiny TT in tow
PSPS.....Found some real hooks (for break away chain / [email protected]
Automotive tire Fixture Line Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Don't forget it's back there !

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Well....thought I would follow up.
First of all the misses and I were suppose to go camping a week and a half ago, but came down with covid!?> thanks to a client ( whole family had Covid) of ours that carelessly decided to go forth with an event we were contracted to facilitate two weeks prior
Actually the wife got it first than like the day we were supposed to head out I felt crappy
Never thought I would "get down with the sickness" ( a little> Disturbed reference...)
Ok as of today were all good> totally sucked BTW.
Come tommorrow ...heck or high water were heading out to Flagstaff!
Hooked up Big Blue and immediately noticed how the rearend was slowly gravitating towards the pavement !
Hooked up the WDH as per the F150 . The trailer seems to sit level, not sure I like the look of the front end....now it does have the 1 rate heavier springs up front / Camper Package, but still....
I'm sure I will be adding some Loadlifter's in the not too distant future.
Will check in Friday afternoon on how the truck performed vs the F150 Boost.
PS.....you can see the Boost sitting there next to Big Blue> hey! , let me give ya a few pointers on yanking that TT around-lol

Tire Wheel Car Plant Sky
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
You gave up CCC for the Scorpion Beast.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Truck was an absolute pleasure to drive ....cruise set at 68-70mph>yawn-lol
@Arkansas Eco ....seriously, I saw the skate rink behind me via rear view and nav screen camera> man you wouldn't have known it was back there otherwise.
I made the right choice for my situation for sure
The wife asked me how it felt compared to the F150.... for one its more planted to the ground weighing 2k over the Boost> that's it really....ohh yeah and I didn't have to hear the wife say> is it getting hot yet?
And....to top it off I got 11mpg going up to 7500' above sea level on 6-7% grades
I pull into my site ....and straight across from me is another Phoenician pulling with a 2022 F250!> And, he is a "Chevy Man"?-lol
We talked and he told me his Silverado 6.2 pulling his 23' 5500# TT would get hot> sold it for the Ford....and he loves it.
Told him about the ole F150 Boost towing what I brought-lol....that's the look-lol
I mean if the front seats reclined I could have took a nap!
Watching the boost gauge hit 30#'s psi brought a smile to my face.... as well!
The truck will tow in Sport Mode.....holy cow
Ok time to lean time to clean!....I mean back to relaxing ( aka having the Golden walk me around a bit... )

Photograph Hat Human Headgear Font

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
Never scale back the laughs!
That's what's wrong with the world. They forgot how to giggle. :)

61 - 80 of 96 Posts