F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
@meaz93 Do you shift down while towing when the turbo gauge goes above half ?

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,111 Posts
The eco mode isn’t actually that bad. Does wonders when traveling. But you can tell it really lugs the truck when cruising around town. The pedal map is very numb’d down.
Meaz is just messin with us. He won't last 10 seconds in ECO anything.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
The eco mode isn’t actually that bad. Does wonders when traveling. But you can tell it really lugs the truck when cruising around town. The pedal map is very numb’d down.
I thought so....I tried it in town and didnt care for the pedal response.
Now my question would be if Sport Mode will stay engaged in Eco Mode. I noticed that the screen turned on traction control, but nothing else.
We shall OBVIOUSLY check this it-lol
On a side note > the exhaust brake system is very impressive
In Auto Exhaust Brake Mode the truck is very intuitive, I rarely have to hit the brakes.
On Full Exhaust Brake the truck absolutely handles the 9k+ Outback super nice on grades....extremely helpful towing!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
I would still hafta shift down and lock out gears towing 9k. I know it isn't neccesary but I really don't think I could help it. It's my upbringin.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I would still hafta shift down and lock out gears towing 9k. I know it isn't neccesary but I really don't think I could help it. It's my upbringin.
You know...."when I tow heavy" with this Beast, I'm sure I will be using that feature
9k+.. the truck just yawns-lol

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,111 Posts
Although it's on a different scale than the F150 Ecoboost, the F250 Powerstroke still has a similar attribute.....

It can PULL more than it can Carry.

So much so that when it comes to puuuuulllling, it usually is a yawn. :)

I just wish a Powerboost could carry what an F250 can. I don't need it to pull what an F250 can.

There's no substitute for Payload.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Snake....you are correct sir-lol> No Eco Mode for me.....unless the wife's with me and I can keep reiterrating the fact that this big F250 gets better Eco/Sport Mode highway mileage than her Kia Sorento V6!
And SRP....put the truck in Sport Mode and hit the Eco button> it really works. More responsive but the calibration keeps the Turbo psi at 15-17#'s
I know you guys are saying....hey Meaz aren't you suppose to be camping? Listen theirs always time for some R & D
Car Vehicle Plant Speedometer Steering part

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Although it's on a different scale than the F150 Ecoboost, the F250 Powerstroke still has a similar attribute.....

It can PULL more than it can Carry.

So much so that when it comes to puuuuulllling, it usually is a yawn. :)

I just wish a Powerboost could carry what an F250 can. I don't need it to pull what an F250 can.

There's no substitute for Payload.
Your spot on Snake....I look out at all these 5th Wheels and again have have more than enough motor, but payload; axle rating, spring & leads, tiw package put me in check.
I can handle a pretty big trailer ( max weight towing>Heavy...cant help it! )
But seriously it all comes down to payload...
Furniture Comfort Carnivore Couch Felidae

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,415 Posts
Your spot on Snake....I look out at all these 5th Wheels and again have have more than enough motor, but payload; axle rating, spring & leads, tiw package put me in check.
I can handle a pretty big trailer ( max weight towing>Heavy...cant help it! )
But seriously it all comes down to payload... View attachment 179969

Where's the picture of the payload sticker?!

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Where's the picture of the payload sticker?!
I have a pretty conservative F250. 10k GVWR w/ truck weight at 7262. Which puts the payload at 2738....but I think Fords sticker reflects passenger & fuel bringing it to what the yellow sticker shows, and I have the Camper Package. That adds a rear sway bar and heavier springs in front=10k GVWR.
I unfortunately dont have the heavier Dana rear end axle with the extra leaf spring.
Soooo again like my 14` F150 Max Tow Payload Package.... their are limits to what you can safely tow.
Rectangle Font Signage Gas Electric blue

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
And that is why I paid the hefty $185 more for the F350 SRW with camper package :)

101 - 120 of 157 Posts