F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to be on a conference call today and I was planning on using the bluetooth link to my truck for the audio source (via iPhone). I know if you don't have the truck running while you're listening to the radio after 20 minutes or so it'll turn off the radio automatically unless you start the truck....but I was wondering if it would also cut off bluetooth/phone calls too? Anyone ever try that? Will the power saver cut me off after a certain time or would I have to plan on starting the truck after maybe 15 minutes just to be safe?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I would assume it will turn off if you don't have the key in. Otherwise your battery would go dead if the truck was "listening" for Bluetooth all the time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would assume it will turn off if you don't have the key in. Otherwise your battery would go dead if the truck was "listening" for Bluetooth all the time.
Well, I mean even if I DO have the key in the ignition and turned on one click to the 'accessories' position (if you want to call it that), it'll still turn off the radio and everything else after 20 minutes or so. I was hoping it would give bluetooth audio for phone calls a little more priority and not shut it down. I'm only talking about while the key is in and turned on, but not turned to the point where the truck is running. Truck turned off, but key left in the last ON position before being totally turned off.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Bluetooth will stay on when in the accessory position. Just don't be an hour or so....you may have to get jumped started! :thumbsup:> Not on June start. :jester:

·
Registered
728 Posts
The short answer is yes it could. Since at least 2011 these vehicles have had a Battery Management System (BMS) which monitors State Of Charge (SOC). The Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the electrical voltage at rest along with current going into and discharging from battery to determine SOC. Based on that information and the computer's algorithm, it has the ability to shut off electrical items it deems necessary to preserve the battery.

A fully charged battery should be capable of enduring some 45 minutes. Short trips, cold weather, other electrical load items, all pose variables which could shorten the period. I know my truck would never last near that as it came from the factory. Maybe 10 minutes and the warning comes on the screen.

At the end of the day I would likely make the call and after 10-15 minutes start the vehicle so there is no worry with it disconnecting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts