F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

Would you consider to buy an F150 Ecoboost again? Vote 2x -New and Used categories.

• Brand new - yes without hesitation

Votes: 35 72.9%
  • Brand new - nope

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Used - yes but only after a serious pre purchase inspection

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Used - nope

Votes: 9 18.8%
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
15,275 Posts
The list is long actually.
Ford has gone all out on developing almost every single component in the Gen14 F150. I'm not saying everyone wants or appreciates every little thing that they have massaged, but it's a very modern version of the F150.

Imagine jumping from a 2004 F150 into the 2014.
It's another similar leap.

The negative side of that is the price is no longer the bargain an F150 was. In my opinion it wasn't that long ago that an F150 with a $14k discount off MSRP was the most vehicle for the money, in the world, with little dispute. That's not even close to being possible now.
And the complexity of the computer network in a dolled up sample is intimidating to consider long-term out of warranty. The module count is now up to 47 modules. That's just CrAzY.

Having said that, it's a fantastic rendition of the Ford F150 EcoBoost halo truck.

· Moderstrator
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I think I found the sweet spot in function vs price with my '16 2.7. Unless something changes, I'm driving this rascal till the wheels fall off.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
You are in luck! I did a quick search in the forum and found zero hits for “wheels fall off”.* Not a common problem on these trucks at all!

* technically there were two hits, one tongue in cheek reference and also post 62 above. But they don’t count since wheels never actually fell off.

· Premium Member
15,275 Posts
I think I found the sweet spot in function vs price with my '16 2.7. Unless something changes, I'm driving this rascal till the wheels fall off.

My 2016 2.7 XLT 302A for $32k drive out was exactly what I meant by "the most vehicle for the money"
A nicely equipped Honda Civic cost more at the time.

There's still 2 of the exact same trucks in the family. And like yours, performing perfectly!

· Registered
11,562 Posts
You are in luck! I did a quick search in the forum and found zero hits for “wheels fall off.* Not a common problem on these trucks at all!

* technically there were two hits, one tongue in cheek reference and also post 62 above. But they don’t count since wheels never actually fell off.

I have actually had a wheel fall off a vehicle (while driving) twice...

· Registered
11,562 Posts
My 2016 2.7 XLT 302A for $32k drive out was exactly what I meant by "the most vehicle for the money"
A nicely equipped Honda Civic cost more at the time.

There's still 2 of the exact same trucks in the family. And like yours, performing perfectly!
I'm at about 40k for this one. Could have done better I think but could have done worse. Could have probably landed a Similar 3.5 too for the money, but it's the first time at a dealership for me. No regrets!

· Registered
2012 Ford F-150 Platinum 4x4, 6.5 ft bed
60 Posts
If I had to guess what they gain is a 7200W built in generator. And more power! Little more mileage under the right conditions (I think) but that's not why I want one.

Anybody that wants a new truck should get one. I'm not knocking anybody that wants a new one. New truck financial math doesn't usually justify replacing a truck "just because".

But hey... you only live once!

· Registered
11,562 Posts
If I did much bookdocking, I could definitely justify the upgrade to a power boost for myself. Quiet, fuel efficient power generation without packing anything extra, or storing anything extra when not in use!

Especially if it was time for a new vehicle anyway. If they had been out when I bought mine, I would have tried to figure out how to fund the upgrade.

· Premium Member
15,275 Posts
I'm guilty of optimism, but I think if we see just ONE other manufacturer suddenly include a 20Amp or 30Amp 120V inverter imbedded in their Hybrid package, then onboard generators might become a thing beyond the Powerboost.

I'm kinda surprised that it hasn't popped up somewhere beyond the Lightning/Powerboost.

Of course for RV boondocking purposes it would need to be imbedded in a tow capable vehicle, but I can see the utility itself being included in lots of Hybrids.

The Hybrid Jeep for over landing?
The Maverick Hybrid with a teardrop or tent camping?

Every brand now markets their TV commercials with their SUV's taking you to the top of the mountains. :)

· Moderstrator
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Here are the non-scientific poll results. Looks like the Ecoboost is still popular amount at this sample size!

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

Reactions: Blown F-150

· Registered
3,508 Posts
I would love a new powerboost, but the cost is insane, at least IMO

· Premium Member
15,275 Posts
Not just the Powerboost.
And not just Ford, in my opinion.
The pricing for almost all current production for most popular brands/models has skyrocketed in the recent months.

A truck spec'd exactly like the 2021 Platinum that I had for about 1 year would MSRP for ~$8000 more as a 2023. And you actually CAN'T get a few of the options that it had.

I had no idea when I ordered this 2022 KingRanch Powerboost last November, that I was unwittingly getting in just under the wire for both getting ALL the options before they were scaled back, as well as the looming price increases and availability of discounting by the dealership.

Having said that, just in the last 30 days, my sales guy told me the bottom dropped out on demand. Folks are walking away from their ordered vehicles as they arrive too. He claims the interest rate hikes and the uncertainty of employment almost instantly reversed his good fortune that he had adapted during Covid.

He also predicted that it will likely lead to inventory they haven't seen in a long time, as well as the end of MSRP and ADM if that inventory increases and demand continues to wain.

I would NOT buy right now. It's a time for a shifting of the market.

· Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
1,211 Posts
Not just the Powerboost.
The pricing for almost all current production for most popular brands/models has skyrocketed in the recent months.

A truck spec'd exactly like the 2021 Platinum that I had for about 1 year would MSRP for ~$8000 more as a 2023. And you actually CAN'T get a few of the options that it had.

I had no idea when I ordered this 2022 KingRanch Powerboost last November, that I was unwittingly getting in just under the wire for both getting ALL the options before they were scaled back, as well as the looming price increases and availability of discounting by the dealership.

Having said that, just in the last 30 days, my sales guy told me the bottom dropped out on demand. Folks are walking away from their ordered vehicles as they arrive too. He claims the interest rate hikes and the uncertainty of employment almost instantly reversed his good fortune that he had adapted during Covid.

He also predicted that it will likely lead to inventory they haven't seen in a long time, as well as the end of MSRP and ADM if that inventory increases and demand continues to wain.

Everything has gone insane. When they catch up or overshoot production deals will be had for the people that can justify it!

The used market should crash then too.

Reactions: snakebitten

· Registered
2012 Ford F-150 Platinum 4x4, 6.5 ft bed
60 Posts
Not just the Powerboost.

3 months ago, my wife was pushing me to buy a new platinum to replace my 2012 platinum with a bad engine. The price was ridiculous, plus an unjustifiable $8K dealer markup on top of it.. just to wait for the spring before I could actually receive the truck.

I was offended and did not get a new one, instead of overpaying for a new truck, I instead chose to overpay for a new engine and keep what I have. They cost themselves a new sale. I do not believe I'm the only one who did not buy a new truck under the current conditions.

I'm glad that the demand dropped off. Things need to normalize and buyers need more leverage.

Waiting for houses and contractors to also start feeling the pinch.

· Premium Member
15,275 Posts
Yea, I now look back and have increased respect for the ~$7k off of MSRP that my dealership gave me.
Had I not had a 22+ year loyalty to them, which they returned as well, I wouldn't be in this truck.

Having said that, there are dealerships still selling even 2023's for 2-3% below invoice. But it's a long wait and I fly & drive purchase experience.

· Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
1,211 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Boatwaco

· Registered
3,176 Posts
How much did the Chevrolet EV Jr set you back?
I got the premium package. Includes leather seat, two motors and bigger battery. $300.
It’s also remote control. I can drive it till my grandson can take over the steering wheel by himself.

Sad the F150 isn’t built by this company.

· Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,678 Posts
Next truck I'm 95% sure will be something different, love the ecoboost even with its shortcomings but after 3 now it's time to try something else.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts