F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the window sticker, the bottom box below the total MSRP area, there is a series of letters/numbers. Mine reads like this: Z649 D 6B X 225 000055 02 08 13 Here is my question, what does the 02 08 13 represent. I thought it might be the build date, but since my pickup is a 2012 model that's not possible. The label on the inside of the drivers door says it was built 7/12. I asked Ford about this & they said "Upon further research by our technical subject matter expert in regard to the 02/08/2013 on your window sticker, it appears that the number would actually be coding that the plant would use and not a date". If this is not the build date does the window sticker show the build date at all? It's probably not important but it bugs me. My uncle bought a truck just like mine, same year model with a build date of 7/12, just like mine, but the numbers on his window sticker are 07 12 12, which, if you assumed was a date, would correspond with his door sticker build date. Go figure. Any window sticker decoders out there? And how does the date (which is not a date) on your window sticker match up with the manufacture date on your driver door label?

·
Registered
519 Posts
The number your seeing at the bottom of the window sticker is not the build date.

If you go to this site: Untitled Page you'll have to append your VIN to the end of the US. Once you do it should display your window sticker, plus information at the top that your actual window sticker does not. At the top here you should see your production date. Mine reads 220130430. Production date of my truck was 04/30/13. For reference the sticker on my door states 4/13 for April year 2013.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks joemac. I used the link & brought up my window sticker. I see the additional info at the top that you are talking about but i don't see anything that would indicate the build date. No number like your 220130430.

·
Registered
519 Posts
When you enter your VIN and the display changes to your sticker you don't see any matching areas (highlighted in red)?

windsticker.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
joemac, I sent you a pm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
Eco12
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing