F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen that some of you run window tint on your windows, and see lots of mentions about ceramic tint. I need something pretty light because I live in the wonderful state of Iowa where the virtually allow nothing. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm not going to get into tint percentages. I went much lighter than I used to go, seems I now like to see out my windows and limo tint just don't allow that anymore.

However, my suggestion goes in a different direction. When I had the windows tinted on my 2013 FX4 they did an excellent job. They also tinted the sunroof/moonroof at the same time. I didn't ask for it, but then given the Texas summer sun, I'm glad that they did it. And now recommend having it done.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I only wish up here we could tint as dark as the backs but no luck... Keep us posted on what you go with and a pic to see please... And I might tint the moon roof jonrjen great suggestion

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you can't go dark ceramic is the way to go I have it under all my dark tint. Stuff is called Airblue look it's up. It's cuts as much heat as tint that 15-20% but is almost 100% see through. It's not cheap... If they sell you any ceramic tint for under a few hundred dollars then it's probably not the real stuff. I have it on my windshield here in South FL and have never had a problem with the cops, windshield tint down here is the fastest way to get pulled over and searched ask me how I know lol.... (My Mini had limo all the way around over ceramic tint and 30% tint on the windshield but I had a doctors note for it so it was ok but I would get pulled over all the time... not fun)

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Texas requires front windows be 25% I believe. My fronts are 25% and 3% all the way around besides those. I don't have any special tint... Just your typical tinting job!

·
Registered
578 Posts
According to My tinter, (Quality tinting, warrenville illinois) the rears come from the factory with 20% tint, and he matches that, as far as the windshield, the ceramic tint is visually clear, so the entire windshield is do in it, the ceramic is a rejection/reflective measure, it reflects the UV Rays and keeps the interior cooler (you can actually feel the difference in the amout of heat you feel coming through the glass between the sunroof and the windshield, with the black interior it's a real blessing

Ceramic Series - Clear automotive window film for cars, trucks - Ceramic - 3M US

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should just leave them alone, but what fun would that be. Every other truck I have had has had tinted windows, just getting to that age where I don't want to give the Super Troopers a reason to pull me over. Decisions, like the thought of ceramic, but having a hard time finding anyone close that even knows what I am talking about. Called the Llumar dealer(Believe they make Air Blue) and the lady basically told me I was a liar about ceramic tint, so can't use them. Oh well, I'll figure it out, keep the suggestions coming!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts