F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get some IN-Channel vent visiors for my truck.. I have seen or heard somewhere that if you
have the auto 1 touch up/down front windows the visors cause a problem when trying to close..
Anybody have the IN-Channel visors installed and having problems??

I have the 2012-Platinum 4x4 Eco...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I have a '13 and have lost the auto up for the in channels. I have AVS and heard that all of the in channel visors are causing problems on the '13s. I have t heard much about the '12s. I would guess you would run into a similar problem. I'm just dealing with it for now and will replace them with the AVS low profile ones in the future.

Edit: if you run the window up on your own it closes fine if you ease it up a little at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 11" purchased inline visor's had the same problem windows would not stay up at all and I also read if they do go up, it will eventually burn out the motor.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i installed the TrailFX vent visors on my 13 and have no issues at all
they are dark smoke and do not go into the window track and effect the windows at all.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I read all the reviews about the windows with the one touch feature not working with the in channel visors. But, I also read a few that said that if you take the time to inch them up manually and allow them to sit in that position for a couple of day and seat the vent into the channel they would begin to work.

And I did so, I let them sit for a few days without rolling the side windows up and down and low and behold they work just find now.

I ordered mine through Amazon, the price was about the norm, but the Amazon return policy is second to none. I had nothing to loose if it didn't work.

Now for what is it worth, I have also read that there is a technical bulletin out that says it is not recommended to install both a bug shield on the front of the F150 and the side window vent visors. It seems that the air flow over and around the bug shield down not flow well around the vent visors causing noise and vibrations around the side windows.

·
Registered
868 Posts
what about the bugs that keep smashing into my from windshield and smearing up my view ?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I love the look of the in channel visors, so at some point I will put a set on. Thanks for the tip jonrjen!

SPPD

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have noticed almost no noise level increase with my in channel visors. Where as I the past there has been more wind noise. I have always in the past gone with the tape on visors up until my 2013 FX4, I don't ever see going back. Plus the look is much more finished and presentable looking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well.. I have had the in channel visors before and liked the look very much.. I don't want the stick on type as it would be hard to remove the tape if anything happened to them.. I guess I will just get me a set of the in channel and try the trick jonrjen talks about..
Thanks for all the replys.. I'll let you know how it works once I get them installed and give it a few days..

·
Registered
537 Posts
When you install them there is a small clip that goes into the channel to hold them in place. I have also heard of some people not using the clip. You just stick them in the channel roll up the window and again refrain from lowering the window for a day or two allowing the tape to seal well. Yes, even on the in channel visors there is tape used to hold them in the channel. This install seems to work well from the reports I have seen.

I did use the clips and they are still in place and the windows work perfect. It was a little on the frustrating side getting the window to go up into the full closed position the first time. I used my wife to hold the glass on both sides and assist the window up as I slowly inched it up into the closed position. A hassle, yes. But, worth it in the end.

If you need a hand drive on over, I down near the Midlothian/Waxahachie area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the VentVisor in channel brand, after install and letting set for 1 day I have not problem with the auto up/down feature. I do notice a little more wind noise at highway speed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2012 fx4 supercrew. The front windows had some issues at first but now(7 months later) it's seems the in channel visors have seated well and I don't have any problems with the auto up. Makes sure to install them correctly,I think that has alot to do with how they work

·
Registered
339 Posts
Everything I have read really stress that you do this outside on a hot day and let the vehicle sit all day with the window up. This causes the plastic to "form" to the correct fit.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Everything I have read really stress that you do this outside on a hot day and let the vehicle sit all day with the window up. This causes the plastic to "form" to the correct fit.
The trick or hard part of this is getting the window up and seated for that first time. But, to those who try, rest assured it can be done!!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I guess I didn't have the hit day! I think it was about fifty out...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I guess I didn't have the hit day! I think it was about fifty out...
It's still morning down here and already a HOT DAY!!!!

Here is a photo taken this morning earlier that shows the in channel visors pretty good. Even more rare it shows green grass in Texas on August 1st without having been watered by the owner of the house.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I have seen it warm here. Enjoyed Texas heat a time or two - it's too hot!

Sky Cloud Text Finger Hand
Here's a shot from this weekend.

It's currently sixty out in Cook Inlet (off of Kenai, AK).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, Guess this would be a good time to put them in.. Going to be 100+ next 7 days here according to weather forecast..

1 - 20 of 144 Posts