F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I just bought my ecoboost a few months ago and my windows (only front driver side and passenger side) sometimes wont go down. most the time its one or the other that don't work ,rarely its both . but if I turn the truck off and turn it back on right away everything will work fine. ive had it into ford and first they replaced the main power module , didn't work, then they told me it was my led map lights somehow creating the issue, took them out still didn't work, trucks going back in on Monday for the third time now, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
so I just bought my ecoboost a few months ago and my windows (only front driver side and passenger side) sometimes wont go down. most the time its one or the other that don't work ,rarely its both . but if I turn the truck off and turn it back on right away everything will work fine. ive had it into ford and first they replaced the main power module , didn't work, then they told me it was my led map lights somehow creating the issue, took them out still didn't work, trucks going back in on Monday for the third time now, any suggestions?
I would guess it's a bad window switch module. Have you tried using the switch on the passenger side when the window won't go down on the passenger side? I have had many a window switch go bad over the years.

SPPD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would guess it's a bad window switch module. Have you tried using the switch on the passenger side when the window won't go down on the passenger side? I have had many a window switch go bad over the years.

SPPD
ya I have tried that too and the passenger side switch wont work either or vice versa

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I'd ask the service rep exactly how a led bulb in the dome light could possibly effect the window switch.....

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm missing the correlation. Love the service advisors that give that kind of BS line of thinking. My brother is a heavy diesel mechanic at a Ford dealership and wants to smack his from time to time.

Hope this gets resolved soon. Maybe you have a bad connection/plug at one of the motor or relay locations that is causing a short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me once. I shut off the truck and back on again and it worked fine? I haven't had it happen again since. Weird? It was on the drivers side windown that wouldn't go down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Eco with 33,000 miles on it. My drivers window will not go down sometimes. It has happened about 6 or 7 times. After 10 minutes it works. All the other switches work.

I will have them check it out when I get my oil changed next week. At lease get it on the books before the warranty runs out!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive had my 2012 for about 14 months and have had this issue come up after owning it for a week or so. Seemed perfect when at the dealership. I've had my ford dealership "fix the issue" multiple times, once by greasing it, and another by changing a switch. Still from time to time it won't go up or done and I have a squeaky window 9 times out of 10... So my warranty came and went with no fix to the issue and I'm stuck with a squeaky window that doesn't always work because I'm sick of wasting my time with it. If you get a fix to the issue PLZ let me know!

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone found the solution to this.
I have a 2011 EcoBoost with the same issue just now reached 30,000 miles
thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
It definitely sounds like a loose connection on your relay or your fuse is loose, but that's just my 2 cents as an electrician.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it has been a few years, but did anyone ever figure this out? I bought a used 2012 3.5 EcoBoost XLT with 100k miles. This is the only quirk I've found with this truck. Sometimes, one side doesn't work, then next time the other. Usually, everything works fine. Turning the truck off and then on again immediately resolves the problem when it occurs. No rhyme or reason that i can determine as to why or when it happens. Pretty much just inconvenient when you pull up to the drive thru, and it decides not to work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
not only does my front windows not work, but nothing in the dash will work either, no ac, no radio controls, only when it sits in direct sunlight, fine in the morning, broke after all day in the sun Wiring harness maybe?

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,549 Posts
Huh ? Come on man 🤦🏻

·
Registered
102 Posts
Happened to my 2017 it was broken wires in the proximity sensors In the rear bumper that were shorting out when wet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts