F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was approached by a mobile window tint installer that offered a film for the windshield. He had it on his windshield to demo the product. I don't think that it was tint because it wasn't any darker. Somehow it was easier on my eyes (I think he said that it reduced glare / UV. Supposedly it helps with interior heat build-up too. I think that he said it would cost around $300. Has anyone heard of this product? Is it worth the $$$?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Sorry but those details are a little vague. Sounds like ceramic tint though. Do you have a business card or anything to reference?

Boost safe Boost hard eH

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have my windshield done. Mine is ceramic tint 70%. It cost me $150. It does cut down on the heat inside the truck.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have my EB windshield tinted at 50%, had the windshield in my 2013 BOSS 302 done in 50% as well. Looked great and helped to keep the temps down inside in the summer as well.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i have never been brave enough to try any tint on the windshield but i did do the side windows until the PoPo seen me go by one night and didnt have anything better to do !
2 cruisers surrounded me as i pulled into a parking spot and got out.
at that point i wasnt leaving their town without a ticket or scraping the tint off as they hovered over me with their flashlights.
oh yea it was about 8:30 at night so it was already dark but he couldnt see me when i passed him.
while my eyes were trying to adjust from the arc flash i received and trying to scrape some edges loose with my pocket knife they were kind enough to tell me that if i wanted to use window film i should use Blah Blah stuff !
i didnt have the balls to tell him the glass was factory tinted and that was the very same film i was scraping off for him.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to be vague...I didn't realize that there were so many options for tinting a windshield. I had never heard of it before. I think that ceramic is probably what the guy was talking about so it doesn't mess with the GPS antenna. I threw away the business card because of so many recent complaints with the BBB. I'm not looking to replace my sunglasses. I just want to keep the interior looking good for the next 10 years w/o using a sun shade every time I park. I'm not sure if I would want the rear view mirror to be removed & reinstalled. Any suggestions are appreciated!

·
Registered
27 Posts
yes it is worth it, but not at 300. I had mine done at 50% for 200, the rest at 5% for 240. It is nice to drive I find myself taking my sunglasses off when I drive a lot

·
Registered
156 Posts
Make sure you also check your local laws on tinting. In Utah it is now legal to tint the windshield. Can't go darker than 70% on the windshield and 50% on the front windows. Nothing worse than getting pulled over and having to scrape off the tint.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You can just pay the ticket in Utah now also, you don't have to scrape your windows anymore. The state realized they make a hell of a lot more money off people willing to pay 50 bucks, and 50 bucks is cheaper than scraping and re-tinting. I usually go 5% backs, 35% fronts, 50% windsheild on all 3 of my vehicles and have never been pulled over or harrased.

·
Registered
868 Posts
all of the new police cruisers that the local Popo has been getting are with tinted windows here in PA
so im saying what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
when i get ready to tint i dont care if its law or not it will be done.

if i cant see into a cruiser when passing they dont need to see into my truck.
if they want to see into it pull me over and i will put the window down but i wont be scraping anymore tint, been there done that and it wont happen again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an appointment to have my truck tinted in all ceramic tint next week and yes, the windshield will be done in a product call AirBlue. It is a 50% ceramic tint and from the two people I have spoken with that have it on their vehicles, seeing at night is no issue. They claim to drive during the day without sunglasses and it is nearly undetectable. Still a bit leery of putting tint on my windshield and will look at it before he installs it. He quoted me $100 since I was doing the rest of the truck. Mobile service too!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have an appointment to have my truck tinted in all ceramic tint next week and yes, the windshield will be done in a product call AirBlue. It is a 50% ceramic tint and from the two people I have spoken with that have it on their vehicles, seeing at night is no issue. They claim to drive during the day without sunglasses and it is nearly undetectable. Still a bit leery of putting tint on my windshield and will look at it before he installs it. He quoted me $100 since I was doing the rest of the truck. Mobile service too!
Definitely want to hear your reviews of this!! Interested myself

·
Registered
27 Posts
what state are you in? That is cheap!

I have always done limo or 5% on all windows except the windshield, Looks clean all blacked out. I will be going darker than the 50% I currently have on my windshield now when I need to redo it. I did get pulled over by a Delta Bravo California Highway Patrol on my way home one friday. He was going the other way on I 8 I was doing 80 in a 70. he stared me down then flipped a B*t%h. Did not get me for speed only tint. I had a buddy at a sheriff department sign it off.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
In Nebraska, the only part you can tint is above the AS1 line :(
Same in Texas, unless you get a medical variance.

Some of these films are almost clear, so that might work.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
IIRC, ceramic doesn't need to be dark to keep your vehicle cool. It reflects the heat instead of blocking. So if that's what you are going for you can get clear ceramic.

Boosting hard, boosting safe since 2013

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
84 Posts
You can just pay the ticket in Utah now also, you don't have to scrape your windows anymore. The state realized they make a hell of a lot more money off people willing to pay 50 bucks, and 50 bucks is cheaper than scraping and re-tinting. I usually go 5% backs, 35% fronts, 50% windsheild on all 3 of my vehicles and have never been pulled over or harrased.
Any place in particular you recommend to get it done?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks man!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts