Switching power or Battery power?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'd pull from an ignition powered fuse on the panel for that.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Not off hand, check out the f150 forum. They may have a write up on there.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
868 Posts
not a Ford tech so i cant give you a definite but there is a wire in the radio cluster that dims.
im just not sure how hard it is to get at on these models
i used it on a separate Tach for one of my other F-150's

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
181 Posts
I tied into fuse 37 in the interior fuse panel, its the only one that shuts off with the ignition. All other fuses in the panel stay hot when when the ignition is hot. Not a Ford tech, I learned the hard way, trying every 15 amp fuse. Open your drivers side door and pull the panel where your defrost vent is, doesn't that give you access to the dimmer wires?

ForumRunner_20140314_170440.png

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tied into fuse 37 in the interior fuse panel, its the only one that shuts off with the ignition. All other fuses in the panel stay hot when when the ignition is hot. Not a Ford tech, I learned the hard way, trying every 15 amp fuse. Open your drivers side door and pull the panel where your defrost vent is, doesn't that give you access to the dimmer wires?
]
Thanks. I didn't need 15a so I used #41 but I will look behind that panel to see how many wires are back there. Need to locate which one comes out of the dimmer switch going back to the instrument cluster lighting.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts