F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey how's it going! I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and ask for some help at the same time!

i have a 1962 Ford F100 unibody and under the hood a 2011 ford 3.5 liter TT v6

i have Been building trucks for years as far as fabrication and suspension goes but this is my first performance undertaking. I have the entire engine swap out of the f150, and the stock wiring for the engine as well as the computer, I need to know the best way to wire this thing up in detail and be able to use my sct programmer to load custom tunes and be able to get this thing to run right. I believe it's the first of its kind and its got go to SEMA this year so we are just opening up the throttle on the build

Some of the basics for an idea of what were doing

Completely redesigned sheet metal body, chopped, sectioned, leaned forward, custom body lines, fenders, roll pans, tailgate skin, hood opening, radiused doors factory glass retention etc.
Hand built 2x4 chassis, one off front suspension using ART Shockwaves
4 link rear w/ sway bar
turbos are turbonetics t3's
turbosmart bov
turbosmart wastegates
gsp intercooler, oil cooler, trans cooler.
sct programmer
winters quick change ford 9in
Wilwood big brake

don't even know where to start really, do I have a harness built from scratch, use pieces of the factory harness, use a stand alone system, there are no painless or ezwire options yet, I'm just lost on the best way to attack this process as it is my first wiring and performance rodeo, finishing up sheet metal work now before I tore into the engine wiring and was looking for some guru help or a push in the right direction of maybe who to talk to professionally, thanks for all your help and feel free to ask questions, here are some pics so u know what I'm working with!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
169 Posts
As this is your first attempt at wiring it may be easier to use the factory harness to start with then make cuts/splices from there. I see from your grocery list that you are using a fair number of aftermarket parts. I am thinking that you will be needing a custom tune and that may also be done easier using the OBD II connector in the factory harness. Keep in mind I haven't done much with the new electronics, and what I have done hasn't been anywhere near what you are doing. But, I can still remember how to set the gap and dwell on points and make a Holly or Rochester carb run pretty well. That will be one sweet ride when you are done with it! Nice work and make sure you keep us posted with the progress.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the kind words, I will keep it updated and let u know how the wiring gets figured out!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes please keep us posted and don't quit the good fight as the Eco won't quit either! It will be a Epic show ride at SEMA this year. Good luck and thank you for sharing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
cadeezy1
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing