F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
No offense, but your Non-Meth data makes no sense.

It is impossible for IAT1 & IAT2 to be LOWER than Ambient without some manipulation, improper reading or malfunctioning sensor.

I have driven my truck for over 3 years and been monitoring with my Livewire constantly in ALL weather & all seasons from -30F to over +100F.

I never have IAT1 or IAT2 temps below Ambient. And I would say, it defies physics to have ANYTHING cooler than Ambient without some other manipulation (or errors above). Metal does not react to "wind chill". It will to a "baking sun" and read higher ... but never lower.

The only oddity, I know that Ambient displayed on my dash takes a few minutes to give the correct reading. But after a few minutes, my IAT1 and IAT2 "at best" is the same as ambient (usually at a cool morning before the sun comes up). Once I drive it, IAT1 and IAT2 will climb a little (extra degree or two for IAT1 and a few more degrees for IAT2).

And, in a FULL WOT run (where I log all three), IAT is usually the same as my dash display, IAT1 will decrease (if warm) to nearly IAT while accelerating, and IAT2 will initially cool a little (lowest point around 60mph) and then climb. But IAT2 never is as cool as IAT1 or Ambient (IAT).

Sorry Teezy but the only test that would make sense is to do a "run" on the same or identical days. Once while not spraying meth, do a cool down and then the second while spraying meth.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I will relook at the logs. I took this information right off the logs. I will gladly fix it if I made an error.

And screen shot it if it's correct.

Registered
Teezy, I will add that I LIKE what you are trying to show. Something is just not right with your data.

I'm sure you will now look at it and figure it out or do a retest.

But my data from my Livewire contradicts your Non-Meth readings and the relationship between Ambient/IAT, IAT1 and IAT2.

Registered
I will relook at the logs. I took this information right off the logs. I will gladly fix it if I made an error.

And screen shot it if it's correct.
I would consider a retest, preferable on two similar days back-to-back at the same "stretch of Mexican Highway".

I typically do mine first thing in the morning when no one is around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Teezy
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing