F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some help here guys... just had my 2011 into the dealer for the brake vacuum booster recall. While there, had them do the BG transmission flush and tranny recall (reprogram.)

Soon as I put it in gear to leave the place heard a new foreign sound... sounds like woody the woodpecker is under the hood bagging away til I hit about 2k rpm.

Any thoughts as to what it might be?

Edit: only occurs at cold start...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'd start by opening the hood to confirm that, indeed, they did not install a woodpecker under the hood. Put some gas in your truck and quit torturing the fuel pump while you're at it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can’t seem to get your video to play but I would guess, given what they did, that they left the sound dampener off of the HP fuel pump?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can’t seem to get your video to play but I would guess, given what they did, that they left the sound dampener off of the HP fuel pump?
Would that be the foam piece under the engine cover? I always wondered what that was

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, had to go look real quick but the sound dampener is still in place on the high pressure fuel pump.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will try to get video to play at home. Perhaps it’s the dreaded timing chain/phaser issue? I have it as well as many others.
I’m pretty sure it’s not the timing chain. I’ve had mine rattle a time or two but so far it has net become an everyday occurrence.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump/Update...

The “noise” continues to be an every-time-after-cold-soak occurrence. The plot has thickened with another awfully coincidental symptom of the 4wd acting up... grinding and/or claiming to be in 4low... if engaged at the same time... following cold start.

4wd seems to be fine when the truck is hot.

Also kicking like a pissed off mule into 2nd and 3rd while cold. Im thinking surely the tranny relearn is far enough along that she should be shifting appropriately by now.

So I took it back to the dealer... told them what I’d observed and that I suspected a vacuum issue due to the 4wd engagement problem.

Their response, “can’t duplicate and no codes.” Gotta love it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts