F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
I've mulled this over and gone back and forth.

Price would of course be the determining factor, but I can't help but point out that the ones that make 200k are already THE ONES that represent the "good ones"

Or put another way, the only ones that hit 300k are the very ones that hit 200k. :)

That's them!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've mulled this over and gone back and forth.

Price would of course be the determining factor, but I can't help but point out that the ones that make 200k are already THE ONES that represent the "good ones"

Or put another way, the only ones that hit 300k are the very ones that hit 200k. :)

That's them!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Exactly, if it lived that long that truck may see 350, 400K, assuming he don't have gear oil in the motor :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just rolled over 200k on a heavily modified 2011. Only work was on the parts that wear naturally plus rebuilt trans. Thought I run it hard. Change oil every 5k or less with full synth and your good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought my 13 Lariat 4x4 two years ago in January. It had 130,000 miles on it. It was super tight and drove excellent without a mark and the black finish. I've put 37,000 miles on it in the last 2 years. I put a new set of Bilsteins on it and the ones I took off were OEM and still in great shape. I changed the brake pads and turned the discs. All the fluids have been changed and new Mobil One every 5,000 miles. I changed the plugs and they still looked great. It looked like it had been maintained at a Ford dealership. I have had miscellaneous issues with the cab components though. I used the sunroof a lot last year because the HVAC door issue was causing temp control problems. The sunroof track broke. From Ford it was going to be a $2000 repair. I purchased the track repair part from a third party online and replaced it myself for about $120 and several hours labor. Lots of the interior had to be removed. The passenger door window cable broke. I fixed it myself and the part from Ford was about $100. I'm going to fix the hvac door issue soon after the weather gets better. I have to have the truck to get to work in rain, snow, sleet, or hale. I really like the truck and wish I didn't have to fix stuff on it, but I don't want to spend $45k to $55k for a new one equipped like this. I hadn't driven it in about 2 months until last week. It sits most of the time since I have a 100 mile round trip. I plan to go over 200,000 miles with this one. It still doesn't use any oil and there is no rust on the body. If you can't work on it yourself, I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Would you be comfortable buying a 200k ecoboost

Price seems high to me for mileage unless its mint. Any work done to it? Proof of said work?
I just purchased a 1997 F150 v8. 3 door, 250k great condition, $2500.00 yes I have had a few things done, but much less than a payment on a new truck. It’s my daily driver, main mod was step bars so the wife could get in easier, she even enjoys driving it. Just because it’s old or has a lot of miles does’nt mean it needs to be thrown away. I would discuss the price though? Your money, your choice. gps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I bought my 13 Lariat 4x4 two years ago in January. It had 130,000 miles on it. It was super tight and drove excellent without a mark and the black finish. I've put 37,000 miles on it in the last 2 years. I put a new set of Bilsteins on it and the ones I took off were OEM and still in great shape. I changed the brake pads and turned the discs. All the fluids have been changed and new Mobil One every 5,000 miles. I changed the plugs and they still looked great. It looked like it had been maintained at a Ford dealership. I have had miscellaneous issues with the cab components though. I used the sunroof a lot last year because the HVAC door issue was causing temp control problems. The sunroof track broke. From Ford it was going to be a $2000 repair. I purchased the track repair part from a third party online and replaced it myself for about $120 and several hours labor. Lots of the interior had to be removed. The passenger door window cable broke. I fixed it myself and the part from Ford was about $100. I'm going to fix the hvac door issue soon after the weather gets better. I have to have the truck to get to work in rain, snow, sleet, or hale. I really like the truck and wish I didn't have to fix stuff on it, but I don't want to spend $45k to $55k for a new one equipped like this. I hadn't driven it in about 2 months until last week. It sits most of the time since I have a 100 mile round trip. I plan to go over 200,000 miles with this one. It still doesn't use any oil and there is no rust on the body. If you can't work on it yourself, I wouldn't recommend it.
Well that is true with almost any used car past the warranty. The skill of working on cars is very valuable, sometimes worth 1000s a year. If you can't hold a wrench it may be better to get new, could be cheaper in the long run. Thanks for this info.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I’ve been debating selling my 13 FX4 Ecoboost with 165,000 miles on it. Just put a brand new motor from Ford in it about 2,000 miles ago. Has a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty on the crate engine from Ford. Love my truck though and have a hard time letting go of it. To the untrained eye, my truck resembles a Raptor and it’s in such good shape, it’s just tough to let go. To get all of the options my truck has (FX4 w/Luxury Package), is have to at a minimum buy a new Lariat and those don’t always have heated/cooled seats and sunroofs.

So I guess it’s all in what you want and what kind of money you want to dump into it. But I’m with some of the other guys, I’d rather have one that racked up all of the miles quickly like something similar to mine. I drive 40k-50k miles a year for work and 80+% of the miles are highway.

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts