F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wow. I never heard that this truck got 28mpgs. 24-25 yes but that would be way too awesome to have believed for a stock truck.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Wow. I never heard that this truck got 28mpgs. 24-25 yes but that would be way too awesome to have believed for a stock truck.
Take a look at the license plate. Probably Metric MPGs.

SPPD

·
Registered
510 Posts
I never averaged 16mpg out of either of my Dodges. One (2002) made it 4-5 years before falling apart. The other (2005) barely got off the lot. He can have them.

Bad u-joint, bad battery, constant blown fuses, blown rear driver's tail light every couple months, bad door actuator (locks and windows would work sometimes), stereo quit working, bad computer, headliner fell off, seatbelt plastic broke and whole thing fell apart, plastics around seat cracked and broke, cracked dash in about 5 places.

Last 3 Fords before Eco - bad serpentine tensioner, recall for rear hatch lock, fuel seal leak.

Think I'll stick with Ford.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
If you buy a vehicle based on getting more MPG than the window sticker advertises then you are a dumass. If your vehicle happens to get more MPG than advertised it should always be a pleasant surprise but never an expectation. My salesman told me I'd get 20ish mpg and I said to his face "Bullshit". I told him if this truck got 20 mpg that the window sticker would say 20 mpg. Why would Ford short-change itself out of sales? They want their products to be as appealing as possible to their customers/potential customers. The truth is those of us getting more than whats advertised would be pist-off if Ford advertised the truck to get what we are getting. We'd be pist-off because we get that mileage by sacrificing the fun factor of driving. We get better MPGs by not 'gunning' it, by driving in a 'tame' manner, by driving slow and steady, by not indulging in the very things that make the truck awesome. If Ford sold the truck to me in a way that I HAD to drive it like that to get the advertised MPG then I'd be PO'd. I can enjoy the acceleration and performance and still get the 16 MPG that its advertised to get or I can go 'Grandma' style driving and get significantly better. Where did Ford go wrong? Maybe they should reconsider selling trucks to 'certain' people. Of course its would require a case by case analysis but there are some definite clues that it might be more trouble than its worth to sell these guys.
http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/*******-toilet.jpg

Gun

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i did hit 27 mpg a few time
but most of the time i get 19/20
only because i like to make the turbo sceam lol

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
523 Posts
This guy is in Canada thus referencing imperial gallons. With imperial gallons his truck is rated for 22 mpg city and 31 mpg highway.

If he's truly getting 16 mpg, I'd be warm too. 16 MPG in imperial gallons is 13.32 MPG US. This is just over 1 MPG worse than I was averaging recently at 14.5 MPG. So the stated mileage isn't out of the consideration.

Ford doesn't have a great track record on MPG ratings recently. They just reevaluated and lowered the published MPG on the CMAX hybrid in the US from 47 to 43 amid numerous customer complaints of not being able to come close to the rated MPG.

I'm underwhelmed with my mileage, I was hoping to be impressed. I won't despair, just expected more.

My wife gets right at or under the city rating in her 2.0 EB Edge consistently with highway driving about 40% of the time.

There are numerous threads here and on other boards with people disgruntle about lacking MPG.

The issue is two pronged. The EPA testing cycle is nothing like real world driving. Second the manufacturers actually perform the testing procedure and to the fullest extent pull out all the bells and whistles to eck out a better MPG rating, knowing good and well the public won't be able to get it. But it will sure market well. And when they pound the marketing message to consumers many thousand times, it's hard to accept when the experience is different by 25 to 50% of the expectation that was set. After someone has dropped $50k Canadian on a truck it starts to get bitter one might think is possible.

Another personal experience point US MPG's. My wife's '07 Denali with 6.2 would average 14.5. My EB truck was averaging right around this before a PCM software recall. It's slightly better now in the mid 15's and higher with more highway.

I wouldn't encourage making fun of the guy, we'd all be a little warm if that was our experience.

IMHO I'm not impressed by the MPG of my truck. Though at the same time I'm understanding that some of the optional equipment I have doesn't help, towing mirrors, 4x4, 3.73's. I still to this day wonder if everything was equal if the 5.0 with my driving style would equal better MPG than what I see currently from the EB. Not all of us have infinite dollars to toss around on $50k deprecating assets every couple years nor do we care to. Thus expectations are in fact high.

·
Registered
373 Posts
This guy is in Canada thus referencing imperial gallons. With imperial gallons his truck is rated for 22 mpg city and 31 mpg highway.

If he's truly getting 16 mpg, I'd be warm too. 16 MPG in imperial gallons is 13.32 MPG US. This is just over 1 MPG worse than I was averaging recently at 14.5 MPG. So the stated mileage isn't out of the consideration.

Ford doesn't have a great track record on MPG ratings recently. They just reevaluated and lowered the published MPG on the CMAX hybrid in the US from 47 to 43 amid numerous customer complaints of not being able to come close to the rated MPG.

I'm underwhelmed with my mileage, I was hoping to be impressed. I won't despair, just expected more.

My wife gets right at or under the city rating in her 2.0 EB Edge consistently with highway driving about 40% of the time.

There are numerous threads here and on other boards with people disgruntle about lacking MPG.

The issue is two pronged. The EPA testing cycle is nothing like real world driving. Second the manufacturers actually perform the testing procedure and to the fullest extent pull out all the bells and whistles to eck out a better MPG rating, knowing good and well the public won't be able to get it. But it will sure market well. And when the market the message to consumers many thousand times, it's hard to accept when the experience is different by 25 to 50% of the expectation after they've dropped $50k Canadian a truck.

Another personal experience point US MPG's. My wife's '07 Denali with 6.2 would average 14.5. My EB truck was averaging right around this before a PCM software recall. It's slightly better now in the mid 15's and higher with more highway.

I wouldn't encourage making fun of the guy, we'd all be a little warm if that was our experience.

IMHO I'm not impressed by the MPG of my truck. Though at the same time I'm understanding that some of the optional equipment I have doesn't help, towing mirrors, 4x4, 3.73's. I still to this day wonder if everything was equal if the 5.0 with my driving style would equal better MPG than what I see currently from the EB.
Just because he's in Canada doesn't mean he realizes that "28 mpg" was imperial. He's probably going off of what his dash read out says, which is in "US gallons", which 16 us mpg, Wouk be just under 19.5 imperial mpg.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think some have great expectations I get a combined 17 and do almost no freeway. Pretty happy with that compared to my 09 - 13 with the 5.4.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Probably heated over believing some fast talking salesman. There are always "those guys" who dont pay any attention to what they are buying.

Not sure about you guys but before I dropped $40k I knew what I was buying.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't really care what I avg. My bagged expo avg's like 8 mpg on the 26's and I still love it, Once I have my 37's on the ecoboost I will still love it. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just because he's in Canada doesn't mean he realizes that "28 mpg" was imperial. He's probably going off of what his dash read out says, which is in "US gallons", which 16 us mpg, Wouk be just under 19.5 imperial mpg.
If he's in Canada, his dash reads in L/100km. Maybe he sucks at math. Or that's right in line with city driving. I just got 22mpg highway on a 1100km round trip. Happy with that.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
143 Posts
You cannot expect a truck that weighs in at almost 3 tons to get 25 mph. Especially if it is set up to tow. I would say the truck does what it is supposed to do. Behave itself in town, drive down the highway with acceptable mileage and comfort, plus tow like a diesel! If you want MPG - why get a truck?:confused: Immmm cooonfused....

Reactions: bill98065

·
Registered
373 Posts
If he's in Canada, his dash reads in L/100km. Maybe he sucks at math. Or that's right in line with city driving. I just got 22mpg highway on a 1100km round trip. Happy with that.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
I know his dash will read out L/100km. I'm in Canada too, but you can switch it to say mpg instead.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I've thought about selling my truck too... It doesn't get 35mpg, it doesn't have 1000hp, it requires oil changes and maintenance, its not 100% perfect, and all the owners of other trucks say mine isn't as good as theirs.

Signed,

Person who believes everything they hear.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I've thought about selling my truck too... It doesn't get 35mpg, it doesn't have 1000hp, it requires oil changes and maintenance, its not 100% perfect, and all the owners of other trucks say mine isn't as good as theirs.

Signed,

My question to you is - What makes you think someone would buy your POS truck if all that is true?:DLOL

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Signed,

lol got to love this one , pissing in my pants with this post

1 - 20 of 26 Posts