F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving last night and all of a sudden truck goes into limp mode. I know this seems to happen every once in a while to some of these trucks but mine was warm and trans temp was good. Cant get truck to shift into any gear, it’s like every gear is neutral. Will shift into 4wd high and low but will not drive. Will also lock the diff but will not drive. Anyone know what’s going on?

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
yeah waiting on someone to bring me a code reader. Literally can’t go to like oreileys to use theirs. I’ll let you know the code once I get it
Hmm, my truck has been in limp mode before from overboost codes while tuning, and all it does is keep the wastegates wide open so they don’t let the truck make any boost. It’s very lethargic and slow, but the truck still drives. If you’re not able to even put the truck in drive, then something happened, and you definitely need to pull some codes if there are any.

Reactions: stereotype one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was driving last night and all of a sudden truck goes into limp mode. I know this seems to happen every once in a while to some of these trucks but mine was warm and trans temp was good. Cant get truck to shift into any gear, it’s like every gear is neutral. Will shift into 4wd high and low but will not drive. Will also lock the diff but will not drive. Anyone know what’s going on?
It’s an internal transmission issue. Looks like I’m in it now…

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,612 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts