F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but it's the only forum I'm registered with.

I will be using the X Plan. How do I know the dealership is giving me the correct X Plan price for the F150 Ecoboost I will buy?
I've gotten several quotes from several dealers on different equipped trucks and each time I walk away not knowing if there giving me a bogus X Plan price.

I don't know if they've tacked an extra 100, 500, 1000 dallars or not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Easy enough, just ask to see the invoice. Down at the bottom of the invoice is the different (A, D, X) plan prices. X-Plan is an easy way to get a fair price, however with some serious negotiations you can beat the X-Plan number.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Like Jon said, participating dealers must provide you with the invoice and the XPlan price is listed on the invoice. The dealers are allowed to charge you a destination fee and up to $750 in administrative fees above the listed XPlan price. The destination fee is not negotiable, but I have successfully negotiated out the Admin Fee on all XPlan purchases. Also, you can stack all available promotional deals and incentives on your XPlan. Don't let them tell you it's one or the other. I would log on to the site listed above, as you can read all the rules and look at the xplan price of specific vehicles in dealer inventory and not have to worry about the dealer being dishonest about the actual price you should pay.

Regards,

SPPD

·
Registered
868 Posts
i agree dont let them walk all over you and say well we can give you this price if we take our dealer incentive off or some other line of crap
i have yet to deal with a dealership that wont hose you somewhere if they can get away with it
make them show you the invoices and make sure it is apples to apples yourself not just their word
i wouldnt settle for anything less than 10-13 big ones under the sticker price, they are still making money on it at that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
SPPD... My dad is an electrician at the Ford Oakville Ont plant. I was just told when I bought my FX2 that, the now offered to everyone, employee pricing (A-plan) could not be stacked with the Xplan. Did they smoke and mirrors me?!? They said the X-plan is for their suppliers, outside sources ford purchases from. The total savings of the Xplan is less than the A, I was told. They said it was and either or! Seriously, their direct and actual words.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
SPPD... My dad is an electrician at the Ford Oakville Ont plant. I was just told when I bought my FX2 that, the now offered to everyone, employee pricing (A-plan) could not be stacked with the Xplan. Did they smoke and mirrors me?!? They said the X-plan is for their suppliers, outside sources ford purchases from. The total savings of the Xplan is less than the A, I was told. They said it was and either or! Seriously, their direct and actual words.
XPlan and APlan are two different programs. I get X because my cousin is a retired Ford Engineer. If I was his brother or Son I would get Aplan. A is better. With both you should be able to stack all incentives, but this may be different north of the border. But I am a little confused about stacking A with X since they are different programs. If you can get A you should go with A.

SPPD

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ok thanks. I thought you meant that it was either the Xplan or Aplan when you mentioned not letting them say its an either or deal, in you original post here. I now get you meant, I looked up what each plan actually entailed and understand what the savings actually is. Basically how much markup a buyer gets on the MSRP (?). Thanks for the heads up... when you buy your next F150 ask your cousin about how many incentives he has per year. These incentives may be given to a friend I believe. My dad did it for my sisters ex, and for two of his buddies I know of. My dads been with Ford for +25 years so maybe your total increases with time. Again the border may make it differ.

thanks for the info tho SPPD.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Ok thanks. I thought you meant that it was either the Xplan or Aplan when you mentioned not letting them say its an either or deal, in you original post here. I now get you meant, I looked up what each plan actually entailed and understand what the savings actually is. Basically how much markup a buyer gets on the MSRP (?). Thanks for the heads up... when you buy your next F150 ask your cousin about how many incentives he has per year. These incentives may be given to a friend I believe. My dad did it for my sisters ex, and for two of his buddies I know of. My dads been with Ford for +25 years so maybe your total increases with time. Again the border may make it differ.

thanks for the info tho SPPD.
No Problem.

My Cousin gets 4 XPlans per year to give away to "Friends and Family" He can use as many A PLANS as he wants, but it is restricted to immediate Family which does not apply to cousins unfortunately. Lol

SPPD

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I bought my truck I had access to both A and X plans. I was told I could use one or the other and had the dealer print off a invoice for both plans. The A plan was $2000 less then the X, give or take a few hundred. But on the invoice it clearly stated A Plan price or X plan price on the bottom line. You get a better deal depending on how much the truck is marked up. The MSRP was $52000 on my truck and with the A plan was $43000. It was $9000 difference on my truck (that is Canadian).

·
Registered
523 Posts
You can take the dealer X-Plan price and compare it to the exact same build online at fordpartner.com to assure the X-Plan price is exactly as it should be. Moreover for a dealer processing an X-Plan purchase there are contractual obligations of which the dealer must comply with from Ford. As it's Ford who's providing the X-Plan pricing structure, the dealer is simply the contracting arm to the end customer.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought the last few cars with some sort of 'plan'. What I have found is that they give you less for your trade if you are using a plan. For example, The 09 Dodge was whatever their supplier plan was. I didn't tell them that we had a plan till we went to buy the truck. I honestly did not know until that day as our company had been bought by a larger one and I couldn't find the form on our intranet. They raised the price of my trade $250. Had it been more I may have walked. I got the A plan on this truck, my brother is the service manager at the dealership. I looked the trade value of the truck and went in knowing what I wanted to get, they gave me the A plan, $1000 more than I wanted for the trade. This truck had been on the lot for over 5 months so i think they really wanted rid of it. Get your best deal in writing then mention the plan pricing, see how that does.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The replies above are great. Check online, build it if you want. I had my dealer print out each plan price but they actually beat the x-plan price by quite a bit. I went to consumer reports and bought the report for the F-150. Gives you great information. Completely worth it!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am looking at a 2013 Platinum F150 with Tow Package and the prices are as follows:

Total vehicle plus options/destination/delivery (Sticker) = $55,060
Sale price of $45,561

The sales person told me that their price is below the X Plan price. Is this $9,499 off of MSRP sound like it would be under the X plan price?

Is this a good deal, or should I be negotiating harder?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
You should still be getting all Ford incentives with X Plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, I think he is saying that I will get all the incentives still. He is just telling me that their pre-incentive price is lower than the X-Plan price.

This is what they are showing:

MSRP w/options/delivery - $55,060
Dealership Discount - $4,249
Customer Cash - $2,250
Trade-in assistance - $2,000
Ford Credit Bonus Cash - $1,000
Total - $55,060 - $4,249 - $2,250 - $2,000 - $1,000 = $45,561

So, it seems to me that the question is that is the $4,249 that the dealership is taking off of the starting price less than the X-Plan price.

Are there any other incentives that I am missing? Based on what I see on the Ford site, I don't see any.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
No I don't think it's better, but make him show you the invoice, which shows msrp, dealer invoice, and x plan pricing. If he is beating x plan, he should prove it by showing invoice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone can join mustang club of america for $50 And get a pin number for x plan pricing

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

1 - 20 of 23 Posts