F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any extensive logging with the new X4? Just picked up the new tuner from a shop in Orlando to replace my X3 3015, and was messing around with LiveLink, cf4 and dlf files.
Can someone provide tips and tricks to using the tuner vs. a connected laptop?
Does anyone know whether, when logging, the tuner logs/records only the on-screen parameters or the entire cf4 data file? For example, if I load MPT's PID selection, and only select to show boost, knock, AFR, and Spark Advance, will it log just those 4 parameters, or all of them? Contrary to the X3, there's nothing in the SCT knowledge base as of yet.

So far, I'm impressed with this new tuner. Not only the ergonomics are improved, but the speed of the internal processing is also night and day between the X3 and this unit. Add the capability to monitor your engine parameters for someone like me, who doesn't want to leave a device in the vehicle, and it is everything that I need in a very compact setup. It was well worth the price of admission, and the sale of my X3 will offset some of the new device cost.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I didnt get mine yet so im still in the dark and cant offer much useful comments

I can however say the SCT offers online training and actaul classes for people like yourself in florida
I think classes are like $50 so maybe see if thats an option

·
Registered
868 Posts
OK actually i looked the classes up and the introduction class is $50 any of their more in depth classes are $250
so it would be easier and cheaper to ask your questions here as more people start using the X4 and learn how it functions.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt get mine yet so im still in the dark and cant offer much useful comments

I can however say the SCT offers online training and actaul classes for people like yourself in florida
I think classes are like $50 so maybe see if thats an option
Agreed. I'll hopefully get to log more in the coming few days and figure out some tips and tricks. I'll post anything useful up here.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, after the first trial log with a pre-loaded SCT tune, I am not as excited about the standalone datalogging capability anymore: the data resolution is too damn low. Unless there is a way to increase the sample rate, it's useless without a laptop for anything other than trying to catch catastrophic mistakes.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Guys, that is part of what you are paying for when you pay for a custom tune...If you have bought a X4, your tuner should be able to walk you through all the parameters of your new X4...

If you guys need a custom tune for your X4, please contact me, but please make sure that you don't purchase one from here without a custom tune included. I am including a custom tune with the purchase of a new X4.

Let me know if I can help as always...:D

·
Registered
673 Posts
Are the canned tunes that come with the x4 the same as the ones that came with the 3015? Or are they new and improved?

Sent from my phablet using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts