F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
What RPM? I know Boostkings was hitting 55.7 at 6000 rpm and said it was 19psi.

I wonder if these trucks compensate for altitude when spitting out the boost or if its always referenced from 14.7 psi. This is why I like MAP, there is no confusion about what is happening :ROFLMAO:
When comparing my "Boost in PSI" PID to my "Manifold Gauge Pressure" I do see a delta.

EDIT: I just looked at a log.

Boost in PSI = 20.01psi
Manifold Gauge Pressure (INHG) = 45.10 x .491154 is 22.15psi.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
thats seems like really high flow rates on the stock turbos.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Registered
160 Posts
thats seems like really high flow rates on the stock turbos.
Yeah. It was consistent and never gave me a single issue. I know every truck is different.
Pushing the stock turbos past 18psi i would definitely give some thought into more cooling, intercooler, tstat things like that and water meth for cooling.

The big thing there to note in my comment is the power difference between oem and gt turbos on almost equal flow and psi. Goes to show how much better and efficient the gt’s are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
What RPM? I know Boostkings was hitting 55.7 at 6000 rpm and said it was 19psi.

I wonder if these trucks compensate for altitude when spitting out the boost or if its always referenced from 14.7 psi. This is why I like MAP, there is no confusion about what is happening :ROFLMAO:
Can you post this to prove it? I am telling you it is not possible at 19psi. Also, those peak flow numbers mean nothing. If you look through the rpm range, it is much lower.

My shift point is set to 6200 so 5900-6000 ish. 21avg psi, 53/54 lb per minute, 3000’ elevation and 4000’ da. On the tune i ran a 12.9x on that Made 509/672

There you go @Burns363R. Mikey is pushing his truck to the limit and hits 13.0. Blown is making the highest power and hits low 13s. I am still working through stuff and hit low 13s. These MPH trap speeds are low low 100s. Your truck wont be fast, we can say quick yes. The best bet for fast is 5.0 with blower.

·
Premium Member
8,006 Posts
100mph in less than 14 seconds inside of a 6000lb square box is FAST.

I'd love to take my truck back in a time machine to my high school parking lot of 1974.

Bring on every wide tired hotrod with a lope at idle!

My Honda 750 was considered by anyone with a car to be superior in shear speed. Yet I believe at the time it was published as a 107 mph ¼mile phenom.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Can you post this to prove it? I am telling you it is not possible at 19psi. Also, those peak flow numbers mean nothing. If you look through the rpm range, it is much lower.

There you go @Burns363R. Mikey is pushing his truck to the limit and hits 13.0. Blown is making the highest power and hits low 13s. I am still working through stuff and hit low 13s. These MPH trap speeds are low low 100s. Your truck wont be fast, we can say quick yes. The best bet for fast is 5.0 with blower.

Me and blown are the same at 509whp but im on pump gas. I beleive blown was on e30. Once @Blown F-150 ; is done tuning he will be faster Then me I guarantee it and more power
IMG_9497.jpg

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ya im still in the 13.6-13.7 probably i the 1/4. That being said, another 100hp with GT turbos at higher RPM sounds like more fun that im having now. I mean the truck launches hard, but really gets boring at upper RPM.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts

Post #2

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ya im still in the 13.6-13.7 probably i the 1/4. That being said, another 100hp with GT turbos at higher RPM sounds like more fun that im having now. I mean the truck launches hard, but really gets boring at upper RPM.
At my elevation and da my best was 13.8 on stock turbos. Im hoping to get a 12.7 maybe a 12.6 on my current setup

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
It will, but I go back to my statement, you need to talk to yourself about what you want. 100mph +/- trap is not fast. Anything you would race from a roll will beat you. I am enjoying my truck as is and it is cool, but you need to figure out what you exactly want.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Me and blown are the same at 509whp but im on pump gas. I beleive blown was on e30. Once @Blown F-150 ; is done tuning he will be faster Then me I guarantee it and more power

Yes bc you are allowing the boost spike and blown tune is not. What is the curve look like from each of your dynos? With blown bigger turbos and head work, he should have a better curve.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Lol. On a strong tune my turbos were hitting peak flow at 4200 rpm and then choking. It's like driving a diesel.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes bc you are allowing the boost spike and blown tune is not. What is the curve look like from each of your dynos? With blown bigger turbos and head work, he should have a better curve.
Mine. The dip at the end is to much cooling. I have to dial back the water meth to about 70% and it will flatten out or gain more as i learned when me and blown went to The dyno day. There is no spike it goes up and rolls off torque. Not like factory turbos where it dropped off substantially after the hit. Our hp graph is pretty well identical and our torque curve as well after they meet at 4500ish. This is the same dyno and same operator
IMG_9695.jpg

Blowns
IMG_0214.jpg

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
It will, but I go back to my statement, you need to talk to yourself about what you want. 100mph +/- trap is not fast. Anything you would race from a roll will beat you. I am enjoying my truck as is and it is cool, but you need to figure out what you exactly want.
So your saying adding GT turbos wont let me have my cake and eat it too? I figured i would still have all the down low power, but gain more pull at higher RPM, is this not correct?

·
Registered
160 Posts
So your saying adding GT turbos wont let me have my cake and eat it too? I figured i would still have all the down low power, but gain more pull at higher RPM, is this not correct?
You can. I have. Lots of bottom end and really noticeable top end

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
No that is true, but it still won't be "fast" depending on what you think that is. Espcially with 35s. You could beat other n/a v8 trucks though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Also i have to add. Im Most likely pushing the limits of my truck and will be going further in the spring. So im not by any means recommending someone runs there truck like i do Or at the power level i do with a stock motor. Im comfortable pushing my truck and it has responded well and has been very reliable for how much hard driving it gets year round. Ill continue to run it the way i do for as long as it will take it (hopefully another 3+ years haha). Im not sure what the limits of a stock gen1 are

I believe if you want it to last for years to come you should definitely take some pages motor wise from @Blown F-150 ;

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
No that is true, but it still won't be "fast" depending on what you think that is. Espcially with 35s. You could beat other n/a v8 trucks though.
Oh you mean real "fast". I have no illusions that its going to be fast. Its a truck. But I do want more than i have now. I was able to beat up on a new 6.2 AT4 with a 10 speed, he was slightly walking me on the big end, but not enough to catch me. That being said hes 100% stock. So I'm already "faster" than most trucks around. But like all hot rodders, I want more.

Reactions: Mikey_Ltd
41 - 60 of 128 Posts