F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I use this to tow alot, its my grocery getter, and family truckster. I have done truck pulls with it. Doesn't matter what I own, i will always tinker and improve. Its part of the fun. This will not be a dedicated anything truck. Just a jack of all trades.

Reactions: Mikey_Ltd

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
I use this to tow alot, its my grocery getter, and family truckster. I have done truck pulls with it. Doesn't matter what I own, i will always tinker and improve. Its part of the fun. This will not be a dedicated anything truck. Just a jack of all trades.
I understand, that’s exactly what my truck is. It gets used for a lot of different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Can you post this to prove it? I am telling you it is not possible at 19psi. Also, those peak flow numbers mean nothing. If you look through the rpm range, it is much lower.

There you go @Burns363R. Mikey is pushing his truck to the limit and hits 13.0. Blown is making the highest power and hits low 13s. I am still working through stuff and hit low 13s. These MPH trap speeds are low low 100s. Your truck wont be fast, we can say quick yes. The best bet for fast is 5.0 with blower.
Its in the Boostking OEM+ Turbo thread that is stickied here in the performance section.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Its BK's thread that makes me want to venture down that road, turbos, fuel pump. Such a good read.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts

As you can see, the 55 was at 6500 rpm. Noone is reving to that. It is not safe and no power. I see boost spikes on the shift, but I am not saying that it the power being made. If you look at the "meat and potatoes" of the RPM there, is is flowing 42-47. That is where you are in the main rpm band. At 6k it is touching over 50, all this is the exact thing I see. So to simply say "they flow 55!" is not true.

Also, for anyone that doesnt know. I have the "GT" turbo and Boostking is doing my tuning so I can speak first hand.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
View attachment 169240
View attachment 169241

As you can see, the 55 was at 6500 rpm. Noone is reving to that. It is not safe and no power. I see boost spikes on the shift, but I am not saying that it the power being made. If you look at the "meat and potatoes" of the RPM there, is is flowing 42-47. That is where you are in the main rpm band. At 6k it is touching over 50, all this is the exact thing I see. So to simply say "they flow 55!" is not true.

Also, for anyone that doesnt know. I have the "GT" turbo and Boostking is doing my tuning so I can speak first hand.
I mean, I did say 55-57 lbs is the top end if you ran them all the way out. IE, if you absolutely maxed them. Didnt say it would be easy on the engine or smart.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Its BK's thread that makes me want to venture down that road, turbos, fuel pump. Such a good read.
It’s a excellent read and I am pretty thankful he spent time on this forum. Don’t see too much of him these days.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
I mean, I did say 55-57 lbs is the top end if you ran them all the way out. IE, if you absolutely maxed them. Didnt say it would be easy on the engine or smart.
My point is 1. the enigne is well out of power range that high and 2. 55lbs/min you can roughly say is 550hp. You are not seeing nearly that power in the rpm range. The engine at no point is producing over 500 throughout the pull

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
It’s a excellent read and I am pretty thankful he spent time on this forum. Don’t see too much of him these days.

Surely he lurks a bit here and there? :)

I'm guessing, but pretty certain, that he's as busy as he desires to be? I know for sure that I'd give him some business if his talents were compatible with my Ngauge.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
My point is 1. the enigne is well out of power range that high and 2. 55lbs/min you can roughly say is 550hp. You are not seeing nearly that power in the rpm range. The engine at no point is producing over 500 throughout the pull
So how are people hitting 450+ whp? That would be in the 550 crank hp range wouldnt it?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
So has anyone tried the Garrett Powermax turbos compared to the Borgwarner GT's? They are a little more money.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
So has anyone tried the Garrett Powermax turbos compared to the Borgwarner GT's? They are a little more money.
I havent seen anyone with them but I am curious what Full-Races oppinion is of the two. The Garrett compressor map on the FR website suggest they are also capable of around 55 lbs/min, but there may be other difference that are not immediately apparent.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I havent seen anyone with them but I am curious what Full-Races oppinion is of the two. The Garrett compressor map on the FR website suggest they are also capable of around 55 lbs/min, but there may be other difference that are not immediately apparent.
Garretts are rated for 54lbs a minute and bw’s are rated for 58lbs per minute & from what i read on full race when they tested them they got 32.5lbs a minute each. I asked full race before I purchased turbos
IMG_0773.png

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Wow, good information. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Oh you mean real "fast". I have no illusions that its going to be fast. Its a truck. But I do want more than i have now. I was able to beat up on a new 6.2 AT4 with a 10 speed, he was slightly walking me on the big end, but not enough to catch me. That being said hes 100% stock. So I'm already "faster" than most trucks around. But like all hot rodders, I want more.
AND THAT is the problem. Just when you make one modification, get a noticeable increase, and after awhile, you get use to that level of performance, and need more and more and more.

They say "speed" is an addiction.

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
AND THAT is the problem. Just when you make one modification, get a noticeable increase, and after awhile, you get use to that level of performance, and need more and more and more.

Inevitable. True for motorcycles, boats, cars....

The only anti-jaded technique I have ever found effective was to take a few days off and drive something else. Something ordinary, or perhaps something fun to drive but for a different reason. (My Miata ain't fast, but it's a go-kart)

After a few days, the truck is wicked again. :)

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Surely he lurks a bit here and there? :)

I'm guessing, but pretty certain, that he's as busy as he desires to be? I know for sure that I'd give him some business if his talents were compatible with my Ngauge.

They are, he can tune and supply hardware on that platform. Just a FYI, not trying to get in a plug.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Its true. I wanted to break 100mph in the 1/4 which i did my best is just shy of 104, then i got a 12.9, now i want to go faster like. 12.7 on pump gas. Its never ending really

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
They are, he can tune and supply hardware on that platform. Just a FYI, not trying to get in a plug.

I had no idea. I thought there was a big wall between SCT and HPT.

You can't "plug" Boosting around here. Lol
He's created and earned his own legitimacy!

Soooooo, if that's true...... I can add a BK tune to my repertoire.... Hmmm

I already have my fantastic auto-octane PERFECT shifting daily driver GH masterpiece.
I have 3 different 5* octane specific performance tunes, but have only ever used the 93 because 93 is abundant.
And I have a couple of 5* octane specific tow tunes for if/when I'm caught in the mountains and 91 (or worse) is all I can find.

I think my "missing" tune would be a 93 octane version of my GH tune (transmission specifically) but with some 5* performance tipin, if you know what I mean.

61 - 80 of 128 Posts