F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I had no idea. I thought there was a big wall between SCT and HPT.

You can't "plug" Boosting around here. Lol
He's created and earned his own legitimacy!

Soooooo, if that's true...... I can add a BK tune to my repertoire.... Hmmm

I already have my fantastic auto-octane PERFECT shifting daily driver GH masterpiece.
I have 3 different 5* octane specific performance tunes, but have only ever used the 93 because 93 is abundant.
And I have a couple of 5* octane specific tow tunes for if/when I'm caught in the mountains and 91 (or worse) is all I can find.

I think my "missing" tune would be a 93 octane version of my GH tune (transmission specifically) but with some 5* performance tipin, if you know what I mean.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Brett’s been working on Trans tuning a lot lately. He sent me a revision for my ‘ol 6 speed and it is better than I could have thought. It’s really a “play” type strategy with the torque converter not locking in 3rd and 4th. Kinda cool to see how it makes the truck a completely different driving experience.

You could shoot him a DM or a email. He can give you a rundown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Sooooo...... anyone have any banging deals on used GT's or a line on discount for new ones?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Sooooo...... anyone have any banging deals on used GT's or a line on discount for new ones?
FR ropped their price last year to whatever it is now, 1700? That WAY cheaper than what it was.

When I got mine, i paid 2100? I think for the turbos AND gaskets (Ford Performance gives you all gaskets too, I suggest picking up a few additional ones though) and that was by far the cheapest anywhere. Just turbos were more than that without gasket. Also got free shipping, so I got a crazy good deal. I got that through my Ford guy at the time they were a large distributor for Ford Performance.

What Im saying is, you are getting a good deal already right now.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Yes, and if they have a coupon code, it worked on the GT's in the past. I had them in my cart for like $1608 at one point with free shipping. You're not really gunna beat that.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Use the blackfriday coupon code at Full-Race right now and they are $1609.72 with free shipping.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Full-Race actually offers an OEM Install Kit which is pretty nice. Actually includes:

(2) Downpipe flange to turbo gasket
(2) Downpipe flange
(4) Downpipe studs
(4) Downpipe to turbo nuts
(6) Turbo to exhaust manifold bolt. (3) each turbo to ex manifold
(1) Turbo to Exhaust manifold gasket right side
(1) Turbo to Exhaust manifold gasket left side
(2) Oil flange gasket for each turbo
(4) Oil flange bolts. 2 for each turbo

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
ya i was thinking about getting it, but i have SPD adapers, so i didnt know if it would cheaper to buy the pieces from for directly

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
ya i was thinking about getting it, but i have SPD adapers, so i didnt know if it would cheaper to buy the pieces from for directly
I have a feeling it would be a lot cheaper to buy yourself, although I don't know for sure

For the turbo to manifold gasket, 3 turbo to manifold bolts, 2 downpipe nuts and the oil feed/return gasket I paid around $45 shipped. That was just for one side, so double for two. I don't know what the turbo adapter studs or gasket cost, but I can't image it would be anywhere near $250.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
ugg trying to buy all the pieces on ford is terrible. probably easiest to go to the dealer and make them look them all up.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
i think i found it. are the turbo/manifold gaskets year specific?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Here is from pulls tonight. Again to prove my point, you're not seeing 50lb/min during the pull.

This is 2nd gear:

4800 rpm is right in the meat of the rpm.

6000 rpm at shift 2-3 shift:

4th gear 4900 rpm:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
So your saying that they don't flow 50lb a min during the pull? I think my stock turbos pull 38ish lbs/min during a WOT pull, so that's a good 70-80 crank hp over my stock engine hp right.

Why is no one shifting at 6k? I cant even honestly say i know what mine shifts at. Its at what ever BK wants haha.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Look at dyno graphs, Power is not up at 6k. Stock redline is 5800. You want to shift where when it shifts, it is in the best power range of the rpm

81 - 100 of 128 Posts