F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2018 XLT Sport. My question is, what is the color of the bar grill? Is it magnetic? Has anybody ever purchased a spray paint in this paint code?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I believe in XLT Sport, regardless of color of truck, the grill is the Ford charcoal color.

In Lariat Sport, the grill is painted the same color as the truck.

The Lariat Sport is the easiest "trim level" to spot from a distance. And it's actually fairly rare, compared to all the other trims and options. Yet it has been my favorite looking oem front end treatment yet.

I do believe that the XLT Sport grill is inexpensive and very paintable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So mine is fine but what I'm trying to do, is get the charcoal color in a spray so I can use it in places on my emblem/badges.

·
Administrator
10,244 Posts
However, with the appearance package, won't the grill be PTM? It was in earlier 13th gens.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it's like a dark charcoal like color, which matches the accent in the wheels and foot boards. I just don't know what the paint code or official name is for the color.

·
Administrator
10,244 Posts
That has changed. I have an xlt Sport, but I have the appearance package also, and my grill is painted to match.

Also SirikeNewtron had an STX that was basically identical to mine but with 20" wheels. His had the appearance package and the grill was also painted to match (white in his case).

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts