F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone knows anything about this product called XZILON the dealers are trying to sell for exterior protection

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have never purchased any protection from dealers. I wash (weekly) and wax (monthly) and clay bar (every six months) then wax my vehicles and they look showroom quality. To this day when I have my Vette out people ask me if it's new or hey is that a 2010/2011 etc year car because it looks so new. The Vette is 10yrs old but it's taken care of. The truck is new to me and it's much bigger and more of a pain but I will do the same treatment and the results will be the same.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have to agree. With the paint process that manufactures use today you should need nothing more than to keep it washed and give it a wax every six months or so. To be totally honest, if you do the wash my hand use a combination of wash/wax cleaner and your done. Or even the spray wax at the local car wash will keep a protection layer of shine in place.

Dealers have been pushing the same aftermarket interior/exterior protection products for years. Why do they do it, because it is a very high profit margin product.

Now if they come out with a aftermarket exterior protection that is strong enough to door dings, scratches and scrapes it would be a different story.

·
Registered
589 Posts
+3 I totally agree in that as long you do what was mentioned above you will be fine. I am a big fan of the claybar every 6 months and it makes the paint job look wet when the truck is all cleaned up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
AK-KingBoost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing