F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

Which Y-Pipe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my cats are bad. I'm currently in a county with no emissions. I'm having trouble deciding if i want to go catted or off-road. Even the catted ones could not pass emission testing? Also one concern of off-road is the smell. Do you notice it in the cab with stock exit location? Or does it only smell for people following you? If you have off-road would you get it again or go catted? A buddy who is a good welder told me we should just cut cats out of stock Y pipe and buy tune for time being. I dont really want to buy y-pipe and tuner at the moment. But i'll see what everyone has to say. I was looking into MAK, Solo and Stainless works y pipes.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the Mak Catless Y pipe and have no complaints. The only time I smell my own truck is if I am idling with windows down or backing up my driveway ALSO with windows down.i also have stock resonator and stock muffler
I had one catalyst go out almost 30k ago and that was another factor that helped me go with Catless VS catted Y pipe.
Also the do have Catted Y pipes that do pass emissions tests and supposedly don't throw a CEL.

Reactions: bayourunner

·
Registered
674 Posts
Mine smell in the cab with windows up and AC not on recirculating. I may have a small leak but too lazy to deal with it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Mine smell in the cab with windows up and AC not on recirculating. I may have a small leak but too lazy to deal with it.
The only time I smell mine is when I get out the truck after pulling up somewhere. It's only a little smell, exhaust smell not a strong gas smell. anyone else would most likely think it's normal.

MPT tuned....Kings of the Street!

·
Registered
315 Posts
If mine does - I haven't noticed

·
Supporting Vendor
559 Posts
The only time you will have a fuel smell if installed correctly,if if you are idling for an extended period of time. We have had various customers who had a small exhaust leaks that will cause the smell all the time. If you have any questions about the install feel free to contact us and we will help you out.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Mine only smelled a Lil out the tail pipe.. but never inside the cab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
902 Posts
I didnt want to deal with the smell, and from what I gathered there's not a huge loss of power going with a high flow catted down pipe.
I got the Kooks catted DP, because it has the ultra high flow green cats that are insane. And I've said many times that the Kooks are a work of art. But you pay for it to.

·
Registered
427 Posts
No complaints here and no smell with the mak dps

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I'm leaning on MAK off road stainless and x4 or TS not sure who's tunes yet. Trying to sell some not used anymore stuff to soften the hit. Only had the truck 2 weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts