F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read several different topics on leveling and 35's but I couldn't get all the answers i need.

To start I have a 2011 Ecoboost 3.5L V6 2wd (I know I should have gotten the 4x4) with factory rims and tires. I want to level my truck and put 35's with new rims. I measured each wheel from the floor to the highest point on the fender and here are the measurements. Front: 35.25" Rear: 37.5". Both front and rear are the same height.

Based on my research I can do both a 2.5" on the front and replace the 1.25" rear stock block with a 1.5" block. This will completely level (in theory) the truck at 37.5". From what I'm reading I don't know how 35's will fit without serious trimming. I know offset and backspacing on the new rims is critical. I guess my biggest concern is the 2wd model has a smaller base then the 4x4.

I found performance accessories now carries a 3" body lift kit for the 3.5L ecoboost. What are your thoughts on leveling the truck to 37.5 then adding the 3" body lift? Does anyone have any feedback about these body lift kits? I know you will need rear wheel liners to account for the gap.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Performance accessories is the best name in body lifts. I have used them for other vehicles and I have been very happy. I would not hesitate to use a body lift if you need the little extra. The gap guards are a must. Post pictures of the truck when you get it done.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've used these body lifts on other trucks and garret is spot on 100% with everything he said

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Wouldn't a body lift be an issue on these truck do to the CAC? The CAC would be low and even more unprotected then it already is right? Not trolling just wondering

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've read several different topics on leveling and 35's but I couldn't get all the answers i need.

To start I have a 2011 Ecoboost 3.5L V6 2wd (I know I should have gotten the 4x4) with factory rims and tires. I want to level my truck and put 35's with new rims. I measured each wheel from the floor to the highest point on the fender and here are the measurements. Front: 35.25" Rear: 37.5". Both front and rear are the same height.

Based on my research I can do both a 2.5" on the front and replace the 1.25" rear stock block with a 1.5" block. This will completely level (in theory) the truck at 37.5". From what I'm reading I don't know how 35's will fit without serious trimming. I know offset and backspacing on the new rims is critical. I guess my biggest concern is the 2wd model has a smaller base then the 4x4.

I found performance accessories now carries a 3" body lift kit for the 3.5L ecoboost. What are your thoughts on leveling the truck to 37.5 then adding the 3" body lift? Does anyone have any feedback about these body lift kits? I know you will need rear wheel liners to account for the gap.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!!
I'll give you my truck as an example. I've installed a Rancho QuickLift kit to clear 35s with an advertised 2.25 inch level. Before install my front end sat at 37 inches floor to fender. With install after setlling it's at 39 1/4 inches. So, to clear 35s without trimming, you're gonna have to be close to that number. Stock, 4x4 and 37 inches of clearance are not sufficient to clear 35s from what I've found in research.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts