F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my oil and its the easiest thing in the world now because of this. I bought it like 4 years ago and I will never have another truck without one. When I lifted my truck, when I changed the oil, it would hit, I think it was the sway bar?, and go everywhere. I had to fab a stupid funnel or let it drain without pulling the plug out. This thing is the answer. You could drain your oil into a Gatorade bottle and not spill a drop if you felt like it. Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car
Automotive tire Bumper Wood Rim Automotive exterior
Hand Automotive tire Finger Bumper Rim
Motor vehicle Trunk Vehicle door Automotive exterior Electrical wiring
Automotive tire Camera accessory Camera lens Line Font

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I too have the Fumoto with the hose. Worth every penny :) Changing oil on a windy day is no longer an issue.

Reactions: tidefan1967

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,589 Posts
Very nice!

They make changing oil fun, in my opinion at least.
I run the fomoto Valve also, simular concept, clean hassle free oil changs.

maybe it’s one of the many reasons I have to force myself to wait until at least 3000 miles to change my oil
So simple, clean and quick

·
Premium Member
17 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 SCLB Max Tow
693 Posts
I have a Upr drain plug with the plastic pan. Makes things a ton easier and less messy. Changed it in on the first oil change.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
My first oil change on my 13 was like an Exxon Valdez disaster! I had so much spilled oil, it was insane! ha, ha..

After some 9 years and 114,000 miles later, I can now do it a lot cleaner and not piss off Greta too much.. :) (I do between 3k-4k mile changes)

The oil filer is still the messiest part.. I've learned to stuff old rags under it and that stupid spill pan thing and just soak up most of it.. At least the rags keep it from dripping and having to clean out that spill pan thing with about a pint of oil!!

Okay, Greta would probably not be happy with the oil soaked rags... ha, ha...

For the oil pan, just using the plug and I'm able to remove it slow enough and I know how far it pours out to place the pan in the right place and not spill all over the place..

Just my experience with it so far.. :)

Mitch

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
I refuse to do my own changes before my warranty runs out just because I want it all Ford documented by dang if I'm not absolutely dreading the day !

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I let Ford do my "free" oil change at around 1200 miles... I figured I'd just get it done and since the thing was brand new, get that original oil out and start 'fresh'...

Well, they did it just fine.. So I thought. Got home, checked the dip stick, and for whatever reason, the "dip stick" tech put about 1 qt OVER the full mark.. I used a vacuum pump to suck out 1 qt of oil to get on the stick marks..

Then I got to thinking that "I'll bet they didn't even use 5w30 oil... Probably just used the 5w20 oil they have for every vehicle they say can use it.... Sure, the sticker and invoice said they used 5w30.. But, didn't say anything about being a full qt OVER! ha, ha...

Anyway, that's when the Exxon Valdez oil spill occurred in my garage, but it hasn't been back to Ford for another oil change since then.. :)

Mitch

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
I let Ford do my "free" oil change at around 1200 miles... I figured I'd just get it done and since the thing was brand new, get that original oil out and start 'fresh'...

Well, they did it just fine.. So I thought. Got home, checked the dip stick, and for whatever reason, the "dip stick" tech put about 1 qt OVER the full mark.. I used a vacuum pump to suck out 1 qt of oil to get on the stick marks..

Then I got to thinking that "I'll bet they didn't even use 5w30 oil... Probably just used the 5w20 oil they have for every vehicle they say can use it.... Sure, the sticker and invoice said they used 5w30.. But, didn't say anything about being a full qt OVER! ha, ha...

Anyway, that's when the Exxon Valdez oil spill occurred in my garage, but it hasn't been back to Ford for another oil change since then.. :)

Mitch
Yep I've heard all kinds of horror stories. I know a guy who marked his oil filter because he was suspicious of the local Chevy stealership oil change tech. Sure enough, filter didn't get changed.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Andybody got a link to the right drain plug for our trucks? First im seeing of this. Looks legit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts