F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey norcal, you happen to have any pics from the side of truck?
Having a hell of a time deciding what size ko2's I'm gonna get. The only damn two sizes they have that are around 33" are 285/70 /17's and 34x10.50r17 so I'm leaning towards the 285's only because I think the 34's will be too skinny
I'll be happy to get you some tomorrow. Probably going to order a new set of the KO2's in same size next week. My back right tire has no tread left, lol. Not bad for roughly 40k miles.

I'm pretty sure with mine at 45psi, mounted, on the ground, my tires barely measure 32" They are supposed to be like 32.7 or something but mine weren't even close.

They don't fill out the wheel wells all that much in the front with a level, but I think they look okay. I just don't want to go any bigger and loose more MPG, performance, and ride comfort. I really like how these tires look from the back too. I think the 285 is a great width at stock or with 1" added height in the rear, the proportions are right on in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Thanks man, ya the mpg and more so the performance loss is something I want to keep to a minimum if possible. The 34x10.50's I'm considering weigh the same as the 285's since they are a D tire and the 285's are an E tire so I figure they should be about the same as far as that goes, power, mpg loss.
Where I'm buying them from the guy said they are pretty much the same width but I don't see how that could be.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Lol, yup. My wheel wells and tail pipe are littered with little globs of rubber, lol. Actually surprised I got 40k out of them.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Registered
47 Posts
here's mine. 285/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja P3 ATZ with 17x9 +18 XD Addicts. I don't plan on keeping this setup but wanted to make sure I would be okay with 17s before I spent the money on a nice set of wheels, and I got these dirt cheap. I'm going to go with chrome Fuel Mavericks in the spring. and I'm using a 2.5" Autospring spacer in the front and 3" blocks in the rear. I'm going to go down to a 1.5" in the front and stock rear with Roadmaster Active Suspension.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I like it, I wouldn't go down. But it's your truck right? Lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
While my truck isn't levelled (yet), I did get P285/70r17 Toyo Open Country AT II's mounted today. So far, the ride is great. Also, with the 3.55 gearing and EcoBoost motor, the change is hardly noticeable. At some point I plan on doing the Billstein 5100 struts. Oh....and NO rubbing!!!

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
I'm seriously considering toyo Mt's 285/75/17's now. About $70 more a tire than the ko2's I was thinking about getting and almost 20 lbs each heavier though. Really wish they had that size in the ko2's
Toyo MT's are a damn nice tire

Attachments

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Very nice rbrown! That's the look I'm after. What rims and tire sizes are those? Backspacing? Thanks.
Thank you

XD Machete 20x9 with 00offset

Toyo MT's 35x12.5

In the picture it is 1/2" rake (a$$ high)

Kings upfront set at 2-3/4" (it's maxed at this lift height with alignment being within spec) and Camburg UCA's. any higher I recommend a 4" lift

Once you go to a lift it will be for looks only and I am not a huge fan of the ride quality unless you use a good lift like BDS with Fox coilovers.

In those pictures, the rear is setup with a 3" block with fox take offs. I prefer kings in the rear over the fox's personally.

My trucks a fx4 screw 2014

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a follow up to my post from December:

My brother and I spent the afternoon installing a 1.5" Autospring kit. Overall, it was a fairly straight forward installation. The tires are 285/70r17. I'm happy with it and the ride and handling hasn't changed much if any.

I am really happy i only went with the 1.5. I think the 2" or 2.5" would put it way too nose high. The rear is completely stock.
285-70r17 1.5 Level Stock Rear.jpg
20160514_192156~01.jpg

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
9150137106462.jpg

I am too cheap for BFG's now, didn't get more than 35k out of my last and 2nd set. Just ordered a set of these Falken Wildpeak A/T3W in LT285/70R17 for the truck @ 170ish each.

They are 10 ply, E load range, have the winter rating, and have some excellent reviews.

Anyone else tried them?

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
41 - 60 of 79 Posts
About this Discussion
78 Replies
36 Participants
ITTOG
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing