F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Also did the same as in the video. 1/3 of the volume of the can was accumulated in the can. I’m worried that I recently looked in and there was nothing there

·
Registered
27 Posts
quick question so i dont have to start a new thread - I remember i looked at catch cans way back when (RX or RXP i think ) and i was about ready to buy but then got worried i would forget to drain and wreck the engine...anyways i am now having fuel in the oil issue, had the TSB reflash of the ecu and its back ... they are going to look at more expensive bits next and i would rather take that money and spend it on a GOOD catch can setup with a HUGE can as i am in Canada and the winter i am told will have me draining daily if i do not buy a big one. Can someone point me to a registered vendor who we trust as theres lots of copys these days. Also do members of the forums ever get discounts, i could use them thanks to our lovely exchange rate and delivery costs

·
Registered
524 Posts
quick question so i dont have to start a new thread - I remember i looked at catch cans way back when (RX or RXP i think ) and i was about ready to buy but then got worried i would forget to drain and wreck the engine...anyways i am now having fuel in the oil issue, had the TSB reflash of the ecu and its back ... they are going to look at more expensive bits next and i would rather take that money and spend it on a GOOD catch can setup with a HUGE can as i am in Canada and the winter i am told will have me draining daily if i do not buy a big one. Can someone point me to a registered vendor who we trust as theres lots of copys these days. Also do members of the forums ever get discounts, i could use them thanks to our lovely exchange rate and delivery costs
Hey man, I live in NS and I drain mine once every week or two. It really depends on how much blow by your motor allows and how much water condensation you get as well. I don't get much water in my can therefore longer drain intervals. It's mostly oil/gas mix so it doesn't freeze.

In the summer I get roughly 50ml every drain. In the winter it's maybe a little more.

When I did the research and bought mine (UPR dvcc and css) UPR was regarded as the best design. I have a 2017 2.7 btw

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Watched the video, read all the posts and want to put one on my truck. However, it is not CARB legal. Anyone in CA find one that is CARB exempt?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I don't think you'll find anything that collects, diverts, or modifies PCV gasses to be CARB compliant. For this, they need to go back through the intake to be burned as the motor was designed. The connectors are plug and play depending on which one you buy, so it would be really easy to return to stock and then reinstall again. You'd probably fail a visual smog inspection with a CC on there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Team RXP Dual system. I have to empty it at every gas fill-up (about 500mi). I’ve had lab analysis on my oil and they say it looks really good. So I’m guessing I just have one of those 3.5’s that produce tons of gunk.

2013 F150 XLT 3.5L SCrew. AFE Magnum Force Stage-2 Dual 3-1/2" CAI, Mishimoto Performance Intercooler with Pipes, TurboSmart SP Supersonic BOV Kit , Team RXP Heat Exchanged Dual Catch Can, AEM Coil Packs, SCT/Bully Dog BDX Tuner w/5* Tuning Custom Tunes, AFE Atlas 4" Aluminized Steel Cat-Back

21 - 26 of 26 Posts