F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
The foil prevents cosmic radiation interference!
Reason is for insulation, it is HVAC 1/8 inch foam rubber with aluminum foil backing (wrapped 2 layers) was described below the photo. It did make a difference of 5 degrees IAT2. KM

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
The foil prevents cosmic radiation interference!
Reason is for insulation, it is HVAC 1/8 inch foam rubber with aluminum foil backing (wrapped 2 layers) was described below the photo. It did make a difference of 5 degrees IAT2. KM
Interesting!

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
During the Titan install I took a good look at the OEM BOV, all plastic build and did not look reliable with the 25% more psi I am getting. A Turbosmart VeePort has been added, electronically controlled and does not vent as often as a vacuum signaled BOV. Only notice it when lifting off throttle quickly in boosted condition. Around town hardly noticed. KM

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)

Now have SPC UCA's on and a set of Icon RTX springs about to.

Will set the lightest rate for my light weight truck. I have the extra leafs to increase the rate if needed. Broke the truck savings account for these upgrades! KM

PS: The Icon leaf install is on hold for now. But not abandoned. km

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
A Cobb intake to add some style to the rats nest of plumbing and wiring!
This replaced

this

Hardest job was the IAT sensor so not much of a problem

pipes and stuff

Better looking

Not expecting any performance change but did log 4 runs 0-70 before and after.
First look the results I expected, a change from big plenum to longer runners, drop in top end improvement in mid range OEM times were the same or slightly slower 0-70 but quicker in first gear idle to 62500 rpm. Sounds the same due to fully closed system, no notice seat of pants change, no warnings. Does look better for sure!

This purchase funded by selling the springs I bought on sale. While many sources thought they would fit they would not, pre 2015 to my 2017, location pins about 2 inches further back. Wnen dealt a lemon make lemonaid! KM

__

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Coupl of changes, wehnt back to an OEM panel WIX filter in the airbox by chopping up the washable COBB filter. This got my 0-70 acceleration back and past what it had been and leaned out a rich mixture that cropped up with the full COBB setup. The individual runners need some plenum after the filter is seems!

Re did the intake pipe insulation intercooler to throttle body. doubled the foam thickness up to 1/4 inch, wrapped in aluminum HVAC tape with the ends finished with Gorilla Tape. 40000 mile on it and the pipig up to and at the throttle body are dry no oil, the intercooler has a very light misting of oil, barely noticed.

Had to sell off the RTX springs, some good deals need to be checked more rigorously. They are for 2014 and older and will not swap to 2015 and up, spring perch location changed. KM

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Current state of this "old guy's new toy". 4 years and 40000 miles, near 35000 miles on BCB tunes. The most recent log graph from earlier this week, Highlander adjustable octane tune, TC off EL on, roll on the throtle pedal. Clear sky 85 degrees going up, 50 % humidity.

As good or better as any prior, and this is not the hotter custom 93 octane tune. The graph bottom line read in seconds top to bottom straight lines are MPH.

Also finally got a scale weight,

I'm not in the truck, 1/3 tank of fuel, Decked storage in bed, OEM jack etc in, over 50 pounds stuff in cab and 75 pounds in Decked drawers. If it was empty around 375 more pounds would come off.
KM

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Upgraded the back shocks from Icon 2.0 to 2.5 with CDCV external valving. As much as the Icon 2.0's were over the OEM's these improved noticably both in ride and control over expansion joints and on unpaved roads. I used the #3 position on the valves (out of 10 positions available). I think it raised the reart a bit compared to the 2.0's as they have more nitrogen pressure.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Tread

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

The front 2.5's are now ready for a rebuild. KM

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
New tires! Got tired of spinning the wheels in the rain, the Nitto's were getting hard after 3 years. Liked my Nokian Hakkapeliittta LT2's so much I got a set of Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus, all weather tires.
They seem a big improvement in wet traction and I noticed the do not squeal nearly as much in parking lots. Weather has been crappy so may add some photos latter. The Hakkapeliitta['s will go on my grandsons first truck if these stand up to the 3 Peak rating. KM

Reactions: snakebitten
21 - 29 of 29 Posts