F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 2393 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice, what's under the hood of that thing :)
The SSP Mustangs built for police use all used the 5.0 V8. The engine in this car was trashed, so during the restoration, the engine was bored to 349 cubic inches and stroked. So now it is in the neighborhood of 300 HP to the rear wheels.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Finally had the weather needed to take the Cuda out to storage to make room in the garage for another project! Got some shots of the car/trailer/truck when I stopped at the Advance Store for a couple of project parts...

Can't say enough for how Big Red handled the load. The trailer checklist even saved me from pulling out of the barn before securing the hitch latch. Was able to set the brake controller and all worked this time. Here's some photos.

DSC08185.JPG DSC08186.JPG DSC08187.JPG DSC08188.JPG DSC08193.JPG

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
nice! That doesn't appear to have dropped the back all that much. I would have expected it to almost ride the tires with that much weight :)

View attachment 191
Not towing but payload of 2,000lbs I hauled today! EcoBoost handled it with ease

·
Registered
589 Posts
Lol Dan I was worried when I first got the truck and would have to add airbags or helper springs for that big of the load but no issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This boat is a 26 ft., with a 680410_10151299463612223_1477487529_o.jpg 10ft 6in. beam with twin 351 ford engines. I towed it from Toronto Ont to Edmonton Ab., in 2 1/2 days.Thats about 3500 km. I took the north route around Lake Superior where there are some mighty hills and never dropped below 100 km/hr. The boat and trailer weigh in at a little over 8000 lbs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
How much tongue weight have you got on that thing? I think you need to slide your winch back maybe 4-6 inches to shift the weight back a bit.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Went camping over the weekend. The EB did great! On the trip down there we had a major headwind and the truck averaged 8.2mpg (according to the computer), on the way back we got a nice tailwind and averaged 12.5 coming home.

white-f150-towing-raptor.jpg

·
Registered
589 Posts
STdan- it looks good! I am always amazed at how much wind can suck the MPG rate down. Doesn't matter what your towing with when it comes to head wind the MPG will take a hit. The difference I like about the EcoBoost and F-150 set-up is even with strong head or cross winds it still tows with total control, keeps the speed, and never makes you feel like the trailer is driving the truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the EB to tow my boat. I must say it did not have any trouble towing it or pulling out of the ramp. I tried it in 2wd without locking the rear, and in 4wd just to see how it would do, and it worked well both ways. image32.jpg

Sorry about the low quality picture. It was taken on a phone from a distance. I hope to get some better ones soon.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I will be towing our new SolAire in 3 short weeks, I will post up a photo then.

SPPD

·
Registered
12 Posts
New guy here nice rigs fella's . I am ordering a eco 150 crew mon or tue"s going from a 97 350 crew with 8ft box. The 5 1/2 ft box looks way small to my eye. The 6ft"er seems to balance it out better looks wise"s. The truck is used for pulling a 20ft bassboat mostly. Looking at the FX4 4x4 in tux black.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Love the trailer and totally with ya trying to keep the truck clean this time of year lol!

21 - 40 of 2393 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
2.4K Replies
698 Participants
milesej05
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing