F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Also, the thing is....you can't just gather all the TSB information on the 14`s and expect the Ford dealer to start addressing all these issues-they won't.
It's not like a recall.
These are adjustments made by Ford Techs and Engineers to try and problem solve.
If you have a great relationship with your dealer, they may do a few no problem. Than their are dealerships that won't perform the TSB unless your truck is recreating the symptoms/issue.
Get them out of the way early under warranty.... than plan on putting some fun miles on it!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,736 Posts
Also, the thing is....you can't just gather all the TSB information on the 14`s and expect the Ford dealer to start addressing all these issues-they won't.
It's not like a recall.
These are adjustments made by Ford Techs and Engineers to try and problem solve.
If you have a great relationship with your dealer, they may do a few no problem. Than their are dealerships that won't perform the TSB unless your truck is recreating the symptoms/issue.
Get them out of the way early under warranty.... than plan on putting some fun miles on it!

To piggyback on this, MOST dealerships will not perform a TSB unless they can visually see/hear/feel the issue going on with your truck...IN PERSON. Most will not watch a video on your phone and say "oh yeah, we will fix that".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well you are just going to have more issues if you go with a 2015.

Spend about 2 hours on the forum searching through the Ecoboost Problems section of the forum.

Really? Just out of curiosity...What kind of "more" issues do the 2015s have? I wouldn't buy one anyways, because like I've said before, I do not like the new look or style. It's cool that they are lighter though...

·
Administrator
7,736 Posts
Really? Just out of curiosity...What kind of "more" issues do the 2015s have? I wouldn't buy one anyways, because like I've said before, I do not like the new look or style. It's cool that they are lighter though...
Go through the 2015 threads on this forum, you will see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
More TSB 15-0044 Questions.
Does anyone know if this TSB also recommends changing the cam phaser? From what I've read it's also a big part of the problem. My 2011 finally gave me the code but its got 164,000 miles.

·
Registered
728 Posts
More TSB 15-0044 Questions.
Does anyone know if this TSB also recommends changing the cam phaser? From what I've read it's also a big part of the problem. My 2011 finally gave me the code but its got 164,000 miles.
Not to take away from the thread...

The short is yes. The problem is as referenced in Post 61- TSB's are not the same as a safety recall, must be duplicative, and subject to warranty coverage. Unless I am mistaken the factory warranty is no longer in effect. There might be some kind of extended warranty coverage and the guidelines for it may not be the same as the factory warranty coverage. I suspect you are looking at a pricey repair if performed by a dealership.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Once your out of warranty, that's it regardless of any TSB.
In addition Ford does not have to repair your vehicle under warranty for a TSB you found for your F150, unless they feel it is related to your particular issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
TSB 17-2077
Summary:

Some 2016-2017 F-150 vehicles equipped with a 2.7L gasoline turbocharged direct injection (GTDI) engine and built on 1-Apr-2016 and through 1-Jan-2017 may exhibit white or blue smoke from the exhaust, rough idle in neutral or park at normal operating temperature or after a hot restart. The vehicle may also exhibit an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) and diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306, P0316, P0524 and/or P06DD with the excessive oil consumption. Oil consumption may be 1 Liter (1 quart) in less than 4,800 km (3,000 miles).
I attached the PDF of the TSB
View attachment TSB 17-2077.pdf

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
61 - 72 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
31 Participants
Mr B
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing