F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
201 - 220 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think it’s more like the depth appearance. Chrome with white is ok though. I prefer a deeper dish look. Below is a nice truck I would like mine to look like. Keep in mind I do not like the black wheels or any black wheels in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
I think it’s more like the depth appearance. Chrome with white is ok though. I prefer a deeper dish look. Below is a nice truck I would like mine to look like. Keep in mind I do not like the black wheels or any black wheels in general.

haha man if they made Saleen wheels more concave back in ‘07 I would be even more stoked right now! However this is the option how they came, so I’m just happy to have them!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have often thought that I wish I could get wheels to look like they do on the Mustangs except on my truck. The touring car look(?) I think…all four corners looking like the wheels are going to bust out from under the fenders with lots of tire still under the vehicle…

Something like this!!

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Made some extension brackets from 1/4” steel for the raptor shocks today, they’re pretty ugly right now. After I use them for a bit and make sure there’s no problems I’ll get them powder coated.

The shocks were riding too low in the travel (bump zone), so they would bounce like blown shocks when I hit bumps, these extended the mount another 1-1/4”. No more bouncing, happy with how the turned out.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Grabbed some wheels and tires to use for when we get up to the track and on the dyno.
20” Lariat wheels (36.0lbs) and some
275/40ZR20 Zenna Argus UHP (31.6lbs)

The tires are nice and soft, measure to a 29” diameter so should be interesting to see what the weight reduction, size reduction and extra traction do for times.

·
Registered
2014 Ingot Silver SCrew FX4 MaxTow
159 Posts
When I really run out of things to do without spending much.. Fuse 27 relocation today, mine didn’t have any signs of burning but figured I’d do it before I ever have an issue with it!

View attachment 173228
Curious about this one? What is being fixed with this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Curious about this one? What is being fixed with this?

I don’t know the real cause, I think something to do with it being a small fuse, but the fuel pump fuse (#27) is known to overheat and melt, it eventually blows the fuse and you can replace it and it will just keep happening. From my understanding it is more common on the 5.0/6.2 trucks but can still happen on these 12th too.

So for me a few bucks to relocate the fuse to a larger style one was well worth not potentially being stranded somewhere as a result.

There is lots of how to videos on it and Ford as well as Dorman both make “kits” with everything precut.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don’t know the real cause, I think something to do with it being a small fuse, but the fuel pump fuse (#27) is known to overheat and melt, it eventually blows the fuse and you can replace it and it will just keep happening. From my understanding it is more common on the 5.0/6.2 trucks but can still happen on these 12th too.

So for me a few bucks to relocate the fuse to a larger style one was well worth not potentially being stranded somewhere as a result.

There is lots of how to videos on it and Ford as well as Dorman both make “kits” with everything precut.
Interesting. I just got stranded on a mountain road this weekend. Codes pointed to fuel pump controller/relay. Replaced it on the side of the road, truck ran for 6-8 minutes, then dies again. Turned out the fuse was burnt (literally burnt the yellow plastic).

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Interesting. I just got stranded on a mountain road this weekend. Codes pointed to fuel pump controller/relay. Replaced it on the side of the road, truck ran for 6-8 minutes, then dies again. Turned out the fuse was burnt (literally burnt the yellow plastic).

Oh yeah then that sounds like this fix is for you haha. I did it to avoid exactly what you just described!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh yeah then that sounds like this fix is for you haha. I did it to avoid exactly what you just described!
Yup. Glad I saw your post. I’m ordering the kit right now. $10 from RockAuto.

201 - 220 of 255 Posts