New mods/catch can results/comments - Page 5

New mods/catch can results/comments

This is a discussion on New mods/catch can results/comments within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; So, at this point, change at 5000 miles according to your test results? What happened to trailboss? He hasn't posted in a couple months....

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: New mods/catch can results/comments

Member #
    Liked
    809 times
    So, at this point, change at 5000 miles according to your test results?
    What happened to trailboss? He hasn't posted in a couple months.
    2013 Red supercrew 4x4 XLT w/ chrome package. SCT X4 tuner currently running E30 Unleashed custom tune. NKG Spark Plug-one heat range cooler. 285/65 R18 Revo2 tires. Hellwig 5100 rear sway bar. P3 Brake Controller. Truck box and tonneau. Air dam on! Removed air fins. Amsoil. Mizzou and Cardinals decals. Can't stop the Coletrain Baby! https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/10...not-build.html

Member #
    Liked
    1191 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coletrain View Post
    So, at this point, change at 5000 miles according to your test results?
    What happened to trailboss? He hasn't posted in a couple months.
    Yes, MAX. I would only go 5k on the best oils though. I think my summer oil will be in better shape.

I am not sure, I PM'd him asking him where he's at hoping he would see an email and haven't heard back.

Member #
    Liked
    1191 times
    I had TSB 14-0134 done. Truck would only make noise going from park to drive and continued to get worse. Shifting to reverse was always very harsh.

The paper work does not give part numbers but says on comments "diagnosed and replaced valve body pre tsb 14-0134. reprogram relearn retest all quite"

According to the TSB sheet, which can be found in pdf form on Google, gives three part numbers for this according to your build date. My build date is 3.3 and the sheet says for that FL3Z-7A100-E - Main control assembly (build date 3-1 - 3-15). The other two parts are separator plates, I am not sure why the separator plate is not all the same part number?

No more buzz and going to reverse is a lot better.

To me main control assembly sounds like electronic, computer, not valve body? or maybe that is the name for the whole valve body? Can anyone confirm? I will try to confirm part number at the dealership

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1191 times
    From my parts guy - "The 7A100 indeed is a complete valve body assembly." Not sure why they don't call it a valve body assembly instead of main control assembly.

So the dealer replaced by complete valve body, not just the separator plate.

Member #
    Liked
    1191 times
    Plugs:

Here are original plugs from my 14' model. They look pretty good, some carbon around and are still gapped at 0.030, maybe up to 0.031. The stock boots were fine.

These plugs have 5300 miles and about 10 months driving. I may re-use these actually.

New plugs went in at 0.028 and di-electric grease on plug and boot(very light coating) and torqued down to 11ft-lbs. No anti seize used.

Only complain on stock plugs was at cold start, there would be a slight knock/miss on idle. I could tell cause truck would shimmy a bit, nothing major or to be concerned about. The new plugs seemed to have fixed that for now.

The plugs in picture are in order from each cylinder they were pulled from.

Name:  All plugs.jpg
Views: 2414
Size:  990.7 KB

Name:  Close Up.jpg
Views: 2414
Size:  794.0 KB

edit- i took the pictures in landscape mode but they are still in portrait mode, not sure why. O well.
    Last edited by WooBoost; 07-06-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1191 times
    Had the truck for a year now.

I have had zero problems ever so far. No misfire, no wrenches, no anything. Hope it stays that way.

Member #
    Liked
    809 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss View Post
    TBN is Total Base Number. TBN is the ability of the oil to resist contamination and acid formation. Oil starts out with a High Base Number meaning it is on the Alkali side of PH. As acids and contaminates form the number drops. ASL starts out at 12.6 TBN but the additive package is purposely designed such that the number will drop rather quickly to the numbers you see in your report, and then level out at about that level for the remainder of the oil life. As long as the TBN is above 1 the oil still is still able to perform it's function as it relates to the resistance to acids.

Viscosity of ASL starts out at about 10.4 @100c. Most common 5W-30 oils on the market start out in the 9-10 range and quickly shear to the 6 - 7 range. Your viscosity is still at 8.6 plenty of Viscosity to resist wear. 8.6 is the starting viscosity of Amsoil ALM 5W-20, so basically you have sheared down 1 viscosity grade. As long as your Viscosity at 100c stays above 6.1 it is fine. Below 6.1 drops it more than 2 viscosity grades and that is the minimum industry acceptable standard. My past reports have shown that the viscosity will not drop much more (if any) and your fuel dilution will likely not climb much more either. I get the same dilution at 5k miles as I had at 2.5k miles. Like I said the dilution is not linear.

I would recommend changing oil at 5k miles if you are not comfortable going longer. Sample at the time of the oil change. If you are comfortable (I am) just resample at 5k miles and wait to see what the results are. I will get there long before you do, so I will share my latest reports of 2.5k and 5k miles on the oil when I get the 5k mile report done within the next month or so.

You can read more about Typical Lubricant Guidelines in the Oil Analyzers Users Guide to Oil Analysis Services starting on about page 11 of that document.

The Technical Properties for the virgin ASL 5W-30 can be found in the data bulletin at: http://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g2880.pdf You can call me if you would like to discuss over the phone.
    (765)409-9023
    You alive Trailboss? I know you are, but I'd love to hear any results with different oils AMD the max mileage you went. And any results that showed the oil was done. I always read about results at 2k and 5k. Do we have any tests done that shows failure? Or any tests at 7k? or more.
    2013 Red supercrew 4x4 XLT w/ chrome package. SCT X4 tuner currently running E30 Unleashed custom tune. NKG Spark Plug-one heat range cooler. 285/65 R18 Revo2 tires. Hellwig 5100 rear sway bar. P3 Brake Controller. Truck box and tonneau. Air dam on! Removed air fins. Amsoil. Mizzou and Cardinals decals. Can't stop the Coletrain Baby! https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/10...not-build.html

Prisoner of the other ........... 39% minority
    Member #
    Liked
    2323 times
    Wooboost, I will try and find my spark plugs and take a picture (to compare). I changed mine in the summer (20K miles in two years) and installed the "colder" NGKs (6510s) as a test. I plan to pull those next summer and see what how the NGK performed and how the engine behaved with one range cooler.
    WooBoost likes this.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

Prisoner of the other ........... 39% minority
    Member #
    Liked
    2323 times
    Name:  Plugs-25K.JPG
Views: 2238
Size:  1.78 MB

Here's mine with 20K miles
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

Member #
    Liked
    287 times
    Look pretty good to me.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links